How to host your first BNB customer ?

Ahmad310
Level 2
Islamabad, Pakistan

How to host your first BNB customer ?

Hi,

I am new to the community and want to serve customers at best.

However it's 4-5 days, I have't got any customer. 

Is there something wrong in setting or am I processing it properly or not 

Can anybody guide me ?

Regards 

3 Replies 3

Hi @Ahmad310 

Starting a new hosting venture can be exciting but also a bit daunting when you're waiting for your first customers. Here are a few steps you can follow to ensure you're set up properly and to possibly increase your visibility and attractiveness to potential guests:

1. Profile and Listings Review: Double-check your Airbnb profile and listings. Make sure they are complete and verified. Ensure that your listings have detailed descriptions, high-quality photos, and all the amenities are accurately listed.

Ensure your space includes essential amenities along with pleasant surprises like high-speed Wi-Fi, streaming services, and gourmet coffee. Additionally, consider providing items that guests might enjoy during their stay, such as board games and quality cookware.

2. Competitive Pricing: Research your local market to see what other hosts are charging. Make sure your pricing is competitive, especially if you’re new and trying to attract your first customers. You might consider setting a slightly lower price initially to attract bookings and earn those first crucial reviews.

3. Instant Book: Enabling 'Instant Book' can make your listing more appealing to guests who prefer to secure their accommodation quickly without waiting for host approvals.

Promotions: Consider using Airbnb’s promotion tools like discounts for the first few bookings or for last-minute bookings to make your listing more appealing.

4. Response Rate: Ensure you respond promptly to any inquiries or questions. A high response rate can improve your visibility on the platform.

5. Reviews: Once you start getting guests, encourage them to leave a review. Positive reviews are critical to attracting more guests.

6. Check Your Settings: Make sure that there are no restrictions that might be limiting your exposure such as minimum stay requirements that are too high or having blocked off more dates than intended.

7. SEO (Search Engine Optimization): Use relevant keywords in your listing title and description. For example, if your property is near a popular tourist spot, mention that.

Patience is key in the beginning stages. It can take a little time to gain traction, but with attention to detail and responsiveness, you should see improvement. 

I hope you find this information useful!

All the best,

Upfish management

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Ahmad310 

I  think  maybe you should talk to Airbnb Support because your listing talks about payments outside Airbnb which  is not allowed and Airbnb warns guests that is a scam listing..

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ahmad310 👋

Welcome to our Community Center! Our Hosts have already shared some fantastic suggestions. Have you had a chance to read them?

Additionally, some of our Superhosts are offering excellent advice to enhance your hosting experience. Here are a few of their comments.

I'm also sharing a few guides that could be useful as you get started:

I hope this helps ✌️

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad