Critique my Listing--Stacey from Bryan/College Station, TX

Stacey527
Level 2
Lake Jackson, TX

Critique my Listing--Stacey from Bryan/College Station, TX

Please offer any advice you have on how to improve my listing to get more bookings, and to make sure a few "quirks" about the place are clearly understood without driving too many people away.

First, this is my third listing. It is not getting booked as often as I expected based upon my experience with my other two listings. It is two bedrooms and a bath--all connected by a hallway. It has a private entrance and a kitchenette in the primary bedroom. But it does not have a separate kitchen or a washer or dryer. 

The biggest issue I have is it is HOT in Texas. I have had my AC checked and that is not the issue. The issue is that the house itself is not energy-efficient. It was built in the 50's. To make it energy efficient, we would have to insulate the attic and underneath the floors, replace all of the windows and re-insulate some, if not all, of the exterior walls. These are projects we plan to implement over time, but it's not affordable to tackle them all at once. Guests get there and as soon as it hits the hottest part of the day, they start messaging me that it's hot. I let them know that the thermostat is set at 68 and I am happy to lower it to 65 if they like, but it will not reach that temperature until after sunset and then an hour or so to allow the house to cool to their desired temp. During the hottest part of the day, the best we can cool it to is sometimes around 78, but at night it will get down to 68 and sometimes even 65. THEN, the guests message me first thing in the morning that it is too cold. I don't mind the multiple messages, as I control the thermostat remotely as all three of my guest houses are under one roof and share a thermostat. But it's the expectations of the guests that I am concerned could cause me to have bad reviews. I am considering adding window units.

Please let me know what you think--about these issues as well as any other ways you see that I could make improvements.

airbnb.com/h/gigemguesthouse

Thank you!

Stacey

a50d4ee6-43da-462f-8ed7-157c7c5ddc44.jpeg.jpeg

0 Replies 0