Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Critique my listing - Latoyia Elizabeth City, NC

Latoyia0
Level 2
Chesapeake, VA

Critique my listing - Latoyia Elizabeth City, NC

 Hi!

👋🏽 I’m new to hosting and welcome your feedback on my listing . I know it’s really close to the holidays, but if I can set this up successfully booking before the year is out would be great. I welcome any and all feedback from the title, description , photos & pricing. Thank you! #listinghelp

https://abnb.me/xcLUXjo5IFb

IMG_9523.jpeg

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do you need an STR license in your location @Latoyia0 

That’s a great question. I don’t think so but will make sure. Thanks!!

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Latoyia0  To start, your place looks really cute! 

-you need more photos. I didn't see a photo of the second bedroom? You need a few more overall to get a sense of the house. Focus more on whole room pictures instead of arty ones of a plant 😉 A better pic of the bathroom would be good. 

-use the CAPTIONS feature with the photos. it helps so much in helping guests get a sense of the space

-I don't recommend allowing 6 guests. Higher capacity is a newbie mistake. Where will the extra two people sleep? You haven't mentioned a sofa bed or anything. 

That's also 6 people using one bathroom, etc. Do you have a dining table that can seat six? Is there a dining room? Again, more pics. 

-use the About This Space area to describe your house in more detail, as well as any rules, or other things you want to emphasize. There are other areas for rules, but they are buried by AirBnB and not easily seen by guests. Put anything that guests need to know up front and center.

-time between check-in and out is only three hours. Can you turn the house over in that amount of time? 

The space is really cute, you just need to describe it in more detail, and fill out the listing with details that are important for guests to know. Good luck!  

Okay, I appreciate that!! Thank you and noting those great points. There is a pull out Murphy bed that I need to photograph m. 

Kia makes great points! I would also add photos of the area attractions you mention in your description…

what a charming home!  And your floors are incredible! Wow..what care you have taken with the old wood floors…what a great feature you can highlight by simply changing the angle of your pix. 

Perhaps consider if you are going to take more photos of the home, 1. take them during the daylight hours, is this a sunny home?  2. Declutter the full  room shots (no need to showcase the trash can in the photo of the dining room) 3. Minimize the goodies in the detailed shots, as people take 1 second to look at them….

good luck to you

Thank you so much and I am making adjustments. Thanks for the great feedback. Latoyia