Critique my listing, Sanjee from Sri Lanka

Sanjeewa15
Level 1
Bentota, Sri Lanka

Critique my listing, Sanjee from Sri Lanka

Hi.. thank you very much for your wonderful message. I’m a small Home stay owner and listing Airbnb platform since 2019. Still I received Two Booking. So, I don’t know why? I have a 3 Bed room with all facilities including Kitchen, Air-condition, Hot Water, Balcony, WiFi, Each Room own Refrigerator, Washing Machine, We are close to beach 2 minutes walk. Ayurveda center in house. Beach Bed provides free for house guest. Hope if you know best way to have a more booking. Please give me your advice. Thank you very much Sanjee’sHome, Bentota, Sri Lanka…

List link 👉Home in Bentota · 3 bedrooms · 5 beds · 3.5 baths 

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 9.47.39 AM.png

[Content modified by OCM]

6 Replies 6
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Sanjeewa15 

Welcome to the Community Center! 

I’ve moved your comment from Polly's post to your own thread, as she created her own post for a listing critique. You can learn more about how to ask for a listing critique by clicking here. 

No need to create a new topic since I’ve already moved your comment. It would be helpful if you could share a link to your listing, describe any challenges you’re facing, and share your favorite listing picture! This way the community could provide you with better support😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Sanjeewa15 

Maybe the first item to correct is all dates on your calendar unavailable

Oksana127
Level 5
Riga, Latvia

I took a look at your Airbnb and I can see that you’ve put a lot of effort into providing a comfortable and welcoming space for your guests. However, I noticed a few areas where you could make some improvements to attract more bookings. Here are my suggestions:

1. Photos: The photos are the first impression potential guests get, and currently, your images don’t fully showcase the beauty of your property. Consider hiring a professional photographer who can highlight your home’s best features, such as the proximity to the beach, the Ayurvedic center, and your spacious rooms. Good lighting and wide-angle shots can make a huge difference.

2. Listing Title: Your title is very important for catching attention. Instead of just using "Sanjee’sHome, Bentota," try something more descriptive and appealing. For example: "Relaxing 3BR Beach Stay with Ayurveda Center – 2-Min Walk to the Ocean!" This gives potential guests a better idea of the experience they can expect.

3. Description: While your description contains useful information, it can be improved to be more engaging and guest-focused. You could focus on the unique experiences guests can have when staying at your place. For example, emphasize the tranquility, convenience of the nearby beach, and relaxation guests can enjoy through your Ayurveda center. Here’s a possible revision:

“Escape to a serene 3-bedroom home just a 2-minute walk from Bentota Beach. Each room is fully equipped with air conditioning, a private refrigerator, and WiFi, plus access to a kitchen and balcony. Unwind with a free beach bed or relax with traditional Ayurvedic treatments right in-house. Ideal for families or groups seeking a peaceful stay close to the ocean, with all the comforts of home and a unique cultural experience.

4. Pricing Strategy: Check the pricing of similar properties in Bentota. If you're priced too high, you may not attract budget-conscious travelers. On the other hand, if you're priced too low, people might question the quality. Try offering a discount for the first few bookings to build up your reviews.

5. Reviews & Social Proof: Since you’ve only had two bookings since 2019, I recommend lowering your nightly rate temporarily to help boost your listing. The more positive reviews you have, the more likely people are to trust your property. Social proof is crucial in building trust with potential guests.

6. Amenities & Experiences: Highlight your amenities in the listing more clearly. Features like free beach beds, proximity to the beach, the Ayurvedic center, and the washing machine can be emphasized more, especially if they are things not all hosts in your area offer. Also, consider offering unique experiences (like a guided beach tour or a basic Ayurveda introduction) to make your listing stand out from the competition.

7. Instant Booking: Enable Instant Booking if it’s not already on. Guests prefer the convenience of being able to book quickly without waiting for host approval. This can increase your bookings.

8. SEO & Listing Performance: Make sure that your listing is optimized with key search terms that travelers might use when looking for a property like yours, such as “Beachfront,” “Ayurveda,” and “Private Balcony.” Also, ensure your listing is active by frequently updating your calendar and responding quickly to inquiries.

By making these adjustments, you’ll increase the visibility of your listing and make it more appealing to potential guests. Best of luck with Sanjee’s Home—I’m sure with a few changes, you’ll see a significant increase in bookings soon!

Sandra6983
Level 2
Humble, TX

@Sanjeewa15 If you are looking for more bookings free up your calendar, all your days are blocked. People can’t book if there isn’t an open date. Everything looks very inviting.

Dear Thank you very much for your help and information. Realy i didnt see it. Now i open again. Thanks in advance. Best greetings from SanjeeHome, Bentota.. 

@Sanjeewa15 lower your prices significantly until you get a booking so you know it's working also to get a few reviews. Call it marketing cost