Critique my listing, Sharon, Australia

Answered!
Sharon1634
Level 2
Darwin, Australia

Critique my listing, Sharon, Australia

Hi I was a host a few years ago and am starting again at new location 

Hosting has changed alot post Covid with clientele’s expectations 

Id like a critique on what I have included on my listing so far and how it can be improved 

thanks

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/798213998572250757?source_impression_id=p3_1683901073_LRm9DJgSE3iZhTF...

Jenny_0-1683901121052.jpeg

1 Best Answer
Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Sharon1634  You really need to curate your pictures. You have duplicates, and way too many overall. 

Do you really want to spend your days at home doing laundry so your guests can have fresh towels? You mention fresh towels daily on request. You're asking for some high maintenance behavior right there. Come up with a policy for long stays, and put it in writing. Longer stays will need fresh linens and perhaps a weekly cleaning. It's a good idea to have access to the room when you have a long-term guest so you can keep an eye on their cleanliness habits. But fresh towels daily? That seems excessive. 

I think you will also regret the "unlimited" access to the pool/spa. You don't want people out there at 2:00 in the morning. Same thing with kitchen access: you don't want people cooking at 2:00 in the morning. You should make clear when access is or isn't okay. 

Last, if you want people to take their shoes off in your home, don't bury that info in tiny print in your House Rules. Guests don't read that far, and you'll have them upset if they show up and you ask them to remove their shoes. Personally, I've never understood people who live like that. Floors are meant to be walked on, with or without shoes, but hey, I guess that's a personal thing. 

Good luck. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sharon1634  and welcome to our Community Center! We're thrilled to have you back 😊.

I went ahead and edited the title of your post slightly, as our community is more familiar with the concept of "Critique My Listing."

Regards,

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thanks

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Sharon1634  You really need to curate your pictures. You have duplicates, and way too many overall. 

Do you really want to spend your days at home doing laundry so your guests can have fresh towels? You mention fresh towels daily on request. You're asking for some high maintenance behavior right there. Come up with a policy for long stays, and put it in writing. Longer stays will need fresh linens and perhaps a weekly cleaning. It's a good idea to have access to the room when you have a long-term guest so you can keep an eye on their cleanliness habits. But fresh towels daily? That seems excessive. 

I think you will also regret the "unlimited" access to the pool/spa. You don't want people out there at 2:00 in the morning. Same thing with kitchen access: you don't want people cooking at 2:00 in the morning. You should make clear when access is or isn't okay. 

Last, if you want people to take their shoes off in your home, don't bury that info in tiny print in your House Rules. Guests don't read that far, and you'll have them upset if they show up and you ask them to remove their shoes. Personally, I've never understood people who live like that. Floors are meant to be walked on, with or without shoes, but hey, I guess that's a personal thing. 

Good luck. 

Thanks for the feedback 

@Sharon1634 Darwin can be hot and sweaty so I get the 'fresh towels ' bit and it would attract some customers for sure.Is that a pic of the pool , because it looks like a spa, how big is it. ?your garden is gorgeous and the verandahs are perfect. Aircon is another biggie. Maybe a pic of the front of the house too . All the best .. H

Thanks for your feedback 

yes Darwin has 2 seasons wet and dry and visitors swet more not being use to the humidity. towels here can become smelly very quickly 

The front of the house actually can’t be seen as the garden hides it.

It is a spa but I can’t find where to edit it?

thanks again

Good information