Critique my listing

Critique my listing

Hello I'm Siri and I just recently opened my space last July 12. I've been learning a lot. I've hosted 5 guests so far and they've all been a delight.

But I would appreciate feedback on my listing from experienced hosts and superhosts. 

Thank you so much!

View on AirbnbApartment in Quezon City · ★5.0 · 1 bedroom · 2 beds · 1 bathroom

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 14.46.25.png

20 Replies 20
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Hi Siri,

nice apartment and great photos! Just three small suggestions:

a) maybe there are too many similar photos
b) add captions to the photos
c) if you can create a guidebook on what to do in Quezon City

good luck!

Andrea
https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Thank you @Andrea6232 !! Yeah i figured there are a lot of similar photos here. I'll sort them out once more. 😅

How do you get more reservations? Right now my listing isn't showing up on searches yet. 

You have a lovely place 

Thank you @Siri-Angeline0

one way to get more views and reservation is the get excellent reviews ... but I see that you are on a good way for that 😉

Andrea

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Siri-Angeline0 👋

I hope you don't mind, I added a photo and a link to your listing to your post. I'm hoping that with easier access, more hosts will pop by and support you with constructive and helpful feedback. 😊

I hope this helps! Gorgeous space btw! 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hey there! Appreciate it a lot thanks @Rebecca Im still getting a hang of the site and the app as well. 🫶

Denise1369
Level 2
Montour Falls, NY

@Siri-Angeline0 

The first thing that jumped out to me is many inside pictures but no outside pictures of the Apartment or surrounding area. 

A guide book of nearby activities and why guest would want to visit the area would be helpful.

A fellow host,

Denise Hubbs

of upstate NY USA.

airbnb.com/h/1odessa-oasis

Ben3875
Level 2
Elora, TN

Siri, 

Your listing is beautiful and looks very inviting. 

I'm sure over time, you will critique it yourself and continue to modify and tweak it. I know we do this continually. 

There is a lot of opportunity to prove to your future guests that you have thought of everything. 

Add pics of organized drawers in the kitchen of spices, utensils, cooking supplies, etc. Add pics of cabinets with neatly arranged cups, glasses, plates, etc. Do close ups of ammenities like a Keurig and coffee maker, blender, nice knives, etc. 
Add body wash, conditioner, shampoo dispenser pumps from amazon and add a close up of them and put it with the bathroom pics. 
All these pics just prove that you are thinking of everything. 

Adding a pic from outside would help to set expectations. Just put it last. 

Go to amenities and wifi and click edit. Use your cell phone connected to the wifi at the apartment to do a speed test. This will post verified speeds that will prove how fast the internet is and I also think it puts you higher up in the sorting of listings from Airbnb's algorithm. 

When a guest leaves, if possible, send them a message like this (assuming that the house was in great shape):

Guest, 

The apartment looks great. We will be leaving you a 5-star review when the review system opens up. Thanks for being great guests. 

Sending this message early sets an expectation for the guest and in a way disarms them. If they had something that might cause them to leave anything but a 5-star review, this makes it more likely that they will just give you a 5-star. This is also helpful for guests who don't understand that anything other than a 5-star is considered "bad".

Hope these suggestions help. 

BEN 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's lovely to see you joining in conversations on the Community Center!

I'm tagging @Siri-Angeline0 here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Brett500
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

Hi Siri,

Ditto on too many pictures showing the same thing--just because you have multiple pictures doesn't mean you should use them all.  You could eliminate half of them.

Other thoughts--this is a subjective observation, but the Kirei design, while simple and matching, comes across as soul-less to me.  There is no art on the walls and almost no color (other than in the doggie basket).  It is too impersonal.  On the flip side, kudos for not having any tacky signs that say "Life is a beach" and "Live Laugh Love".  Those are banal.

The listing says the place is dog-friendly so we know.  The photo of the dog is charming but--does  it greet you at the door?  I wouldn't use that photo.

Finally, we have found it beneficial to provide a fly swatter and an umbrella (tucked in a closet).  I didn't see either.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm tagging @Siri-Angeline0 here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Cathy849
Level 2
Kanab, UT

Hi, you have a beautiful space, so think of ways to interest people into coming to your area. Visit your local county commissioners office see what events are going on, that are fun. Maybe you have a visitor center go see what is coming up events there holding. Have a special discount for that time frame. Get yourself known, give some info on coffee spots, eateries an such. Have fun with it. Cathy 😀 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm tagging @Siri-Angeline0 here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Beverly242
Level 1
Dalton, GA

I agree with the others, to many similar photo’s sometimes less is more. It’s a great place. I think you will do wonderful it just takes a little time. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----