Critique my listing

Gifty5
Level 9
Chicago, IL

Critique my listing

I just posted pictures of my property 3 bedrooms 2.5 baths. Am not sure if the pictures taken by a professional photographer looks good to me. there was not much close shots. 1-DAP_7434.jpg6-DAP_7439.jpg40-DAP_7475.jpg73-DAP_7509.jpg62-DAP_7498.jpg57-DAP_7493.jpg

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gifty5 The photos look fine to me except perhaps the laundry room one. I do have some issues though

1) It says there are 3 bedrooms but only two are shown.

2) The towel and linen rules are environmentally/economically destructive.

For linen it says you provide bedding before arrival (not clear you fit these). Then more bedding on the first 3 days and even more on the 6th day PLUS people can ask for more.

For towels there are at least 2 sets provided but it is probably 3 as well.

For stays of a week or less its one set of towels and bedding - Lets see what others think.

3) Your long list of rules may put people off

4) The kitchen is a kitchen in one photo and a kitchenette in another

Good luck with your hosting. Have you used the preview function to look at the listing as a guest will?

Thank you Mike & Jane0 for the feedback, well noted.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Gifty5 

I don't think it's the photos but rather how the place has been decorated and dressed  that  make it feel a bit soulless I'm afraid.

I wouldn't necessarily describe it as luxurious -for example a dining table with stools isn't going to be comfortable for anyone to sit at for any length of time . 

personally I would ;

- use plain quality linens 

- get a proper dining room set

- cut down on your house rules - many of them are not rules 

- don't offer so many towel changes - unnecessary 

- dress your home with more accessories/prints of local attractions (it looks rather bare) 

Thank you Helen3 for the feedback, well noted.

Helen3 if you check my pictures now you can see the upgrade, thank you for the feedback.