Custom Trip Settings

Answered!

Custom Trip Settings

Hello! With the new Airbnb updates on the calendar settings I am finding gaps in my reservations due to the Custom Trip Settings. In the past I would go to Custom Trip Settings and put in the specific dates I wanted to have a certain minimum night stay. Then, I would add what day of the week they would need to check in. With the new calendar settings it only allows you to choose the custom dates and the minimum nights. It does not help me at all.

For ex - I could have seven consecutive open nights on my calendar that I want to make sure get filled. In the past I'd put in for two custom trip settings. I'd divide the dates - Let's say one custom trip setting would be: Sun-Wed with a check-in on Sun with minimum of 3 nights and the other custom trip would be: Wed-Sun with a check-=in on Wed with a minimum of 4 nights. That way I have a higher chance of those dates getting booked. Since I can't choose the check in days now it doesn't help in this situation. Now if I have custom trip dates I can only mention minimum amount of nights and in a 7 day period people could book the middle of the week, causing a night on each end of the reservation. This makes booking those single nights harder in the long run. Anyone know other options for this scenario or how to get back the old calendar options? Thanks!

1 Best Answer

Hi!

Yes…looks like the only way to do this for now is to turn on Professional Tools and create a Rule Set to apply in the Multi-Calendar Display for now (lots of other posts about this issue 😒). 

Are you trying to change add custom trip/min stay using a Rule Set? If not, you'll have to turn on Professional Tools in your Account and then use a Rule Set to change the min stay for the dates.

Here are the articles and screen shots below. Pro Tools used to be only for hosts with 6 listings or more, but now any host can use Pro Tools:

Click Profile Pix

Click Account

Choose Professional Hosting Tools

Click Manage

Turn on Pro Tools

Turn on Professional Tools

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499

Using Rule Sets

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/

Joan2709_1-1688357543004.png

Joan2709_2-1688357543009.png

Joan2709_3-1688357543011.png

Rule Sets Check in Check Out.png

Hope this helps! Let us know if it works for you!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi!

Yes…looks like the only way to do this for now is to turn on Professional Tools and create a Rule Set to apply in the Multi-Calendar Display for now (lots of other posts about this issue 😒). 

Are you trying to change add custom trip/min stay using a Rule Set? If not, you'll have to turn on Professional Tools in your Account and then use a Rule Set to change the min stay for the dates.

Here are the articles and screen shots below. Pro Tools used to be only for hosts with 6 listings or more, but now any host can use Pro Tools:

Click Profile Pix

Click Account

Choose Professional Hosting Tools

Click Manage

Turn on Pro Tools

Turn on Professional Tools

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499

Using Rule Sets

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/

Joan2709_1-1688357543004.png

Joan2709_2-1688357543009.png

Joan2709_3-1688357543011.png

Rule Sets Check in Check Out.png

Hope this helps! Let us know if it works for you!

THANK YOU for this! Oh my, I can’t wait to try this all out tomorrow. I will let you know if I have any questions. So helpful. 

Forgot to mention...

Toggle Back and Forth From Multicalendar to Standard Calendar

Your calendar will default to the “multicalendar” (strip view). You can toggle back to the standard view calendar any time by clicking the listing name on  the left side. To return to the multi-calendar, click "Calendar" at the top of the page. 

It is advisable to review the Rule Sets you apply to your calendar. Use the guest view calendar to ensure they are being applied correctly as you intended.

Multcalendar Display.png

Forgot to add a screenshot of multicalendar display. The different colors mean a "Rule Set" has been applied (min stay, checkin/checkout restrictions, discounts, etc.):

Multcalendar Display.png