Custom monthly rates function - disappeared

Answered!
Belle2361
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

Custom monthly rates function - disappeared

It seems with the new upgrade that setting a monthly rate has disappeared.

Previously we could customise an amount (say $5000, for the month of November).

I can't find this with the new upgrade.

Only a monthly discount is available.

Anyone know a solution to this?

Thanking all in advance.

1 Best Answer
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Belle2361 ! You can use weekly or monthly discounts and set a specific discount for a specific month. This way you can get your monthly price, like in your example for the month of November, to $5000. You can find more on how to do this here: https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/setting-a-price-for-longer-stays-379#:~:text=Settin....

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Belle2361 ! You can use weekly or monthly discounts and set a specific discount for a specific month. This way you can get your monthly price, like in your example for the month of November, to $5000. You can find more on how to do this here: https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/setting-a-price-for-longer-stays-379#:~:text=Settin....

-----

Belle2361
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

Thank you @Sybe, I can't see how to relate the discount to a specific month.

Would you kindly set out the steps...

Thank you

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Belle2361,

I did a search in our Community and found this guide with the step-by-step instructions for setting up weekly or monthly discounts. You can find it here

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Belle2361
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

This is from 2016.

the 2023 platform no longer offers this functionality.

to avoid confusing everting, please ensure the information you send is current and related to the current platform.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Belle2361,

You are absolutely right, and I apologize for the confusion. I have reached out to the team to see if we can obtain an updated step-by-step guide, which I will then be able to share with you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Paula I am confused.  My listing has the monthly custom pricing function so December which is lower demand can have a corresponding lower monthly price.  A few minutes ago a friend screen shared her pricing & availability screen.  She does not have that option.  
why not?  For monthly rentals we need to be able to set a lower price.  Why does she not have that functionality?

I just got an email about this and it is going to really hurt me with the monthly rentals in Palm Springs, where seasonal pricing is essential. I need to be able to set a higher price for January for a month and a lower price for August for a month. What the heck are they thinking? Are they trying to drive hosts away from their platform? 

I received the email as well about the custom pricing and I need to be able to set these prices for snow birds and the way my market is as well. AIRBNB: PLEASE don't make this change.

Indeed very annoying

What is really needed is the ability to set custom amounts for specific months.  A discount percentage doesn’t work for:

1.  No monthly discount for my peak season June -August

2.  I use Airbnb’s  smart pricing dynamic pricing so it is constantly changing.

3.  I need to be able to set different month snowbird firm price (not variable like a percentage of dynamic pricing) month to month.  Examples below

June-Sept no monthly discount

October $1700 

Nov, Dec, Jan $1600  (low demand for any rentals)

Feb-March $1700

April $2000 (high monthly demand)

When Airbnb removed the set monthly pricing tool, they made it extremely difficult for me to price & manage my listing for snowbird rentals.  
Chesky has repeated Lu spoken about the importance of longer stays.  This change is killing mine. 

I appreciate you requesting an updated “how to set monthly prices”. I want & need the ability to set a monthly price!   

Belle2361
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

Clearly, despite the many responses to this thread, Airbnb disregards our feedback and maintains its position on the % monthly discount.

Hi @Holly691 @Belle2361 @Kevin129 @Rachel2475 @Sybe 

@Anne44 

Yes...looks like custom pricing by specific dates will no longer be offered by Airbnb. You can use Pro Tools and Rule sets to override previous custom settings, or apply new ones as related to custom trip length, checkin/checkout days and discounts on pricing. All hosts can use Pro tools, even if you only have one property (previously, Airbnb restricted Pro Tools to Hosts with 6 or more properties). So far it has been working for other hosts. I did see that custom trip length is appearing on the standard calendar view now. Below is a Link for Community Guide on using Pro Tools (has screen shots).

However, Pro Tools will not help those who using custom pricing by date/month (as of 7/16/23).  I think the only way to do that now is to manually change the prices for each date on the calendar...cumbersome!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Hope this helps clarify. Let us know how it goes!

Kevin129
Level 6
Hove, United Kingdom

Hi @Sybe 

I followed the link you posted but I don't see anything that links a discount to a specific calendar month. 

Can you provide some more info?

Many thanks

Kevin

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Kevin129 ! To set a discount for a specific month you can use the professional hosting tools and create a rule-set. You can read more on how rule-sets work here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2061/

-----