Discount Code for Returning Guests

Discount Code for Returning Guests

I've seen that this has been asked about as far back as 2015 or so, but is there still no way for a Host to create a coupon for a specific guest or person?

There are two things we're trying to do. The first is to provide our guests upon checkout a 10% discount for their next booking with us, but would want it to expire in a year. The second thing we want to do is provide guests who refer us to other new guests a coupon for a 10% discount as well.

This seems like a very simple, basic thing that should be available and would help drive more bookings, but I don't see anything of the sort. Does it exist?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Kathy1371
Level 2
Goose Creek, SC

Great question @Jason2187 ! I’ve been pondering leaving a survey sheet with special offers.

Hope Airbnb has another option.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Jason2187  Just leave a card or note in the property that if they want to book with you again within the year, they should message you to get the discount, and same if they refer someone who books with you. You can then make them a special offer with the discount. You can verify their previous stay in your archive. 

An actual code doesn't really work, because the booking process doesn't allow for one (as far as I know).

We already tell them all that in their post checkout message, but giving them an actual discount code to use would be much better, in my opinion.

I wish Airbnb would add this capability. And it would be great for referrals too!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Jason2187

Great idea and it would be great if you can share your feedback with Airbnb. They can’t respond individually, but they’ll pass it on to the teams who are working to help make Airbnb better for everyone.

Hope this helps, 

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I like the suggestions offered by others who have responded. It would be great if AirBnB could do this within the app. 

I think you're right - a discount code would be easier to keep up with in some ways. If I wanted to do this today, I would put that code into the spreadsheet I keep of guests, check-in/out dates, and other information so that I could refer back to it when they book again and make sure I go in and send a "promotion" with the lower rate to them to accept. It's a little more cumbersome and probably a lot of people would say my spreadsheet is unnecessary to maintain, but it gives me additional information all in one place - some that I collect from AirBnB (revenue) and some I keep on my own.