End date not correctly synching with VRBO

Answered!
Richard2724
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

End date not correctly synching with VRBO

Hi,

I have just noticed that if I block a date period, let's say from the 1st to the 6th in AirBnB, whereby the customer would leave on the morning of the 7th. Someone else is able to book from the 7th until a future date. This all seems fine.  ( I cannot block the 7th as a new customer could not book with a starting date of the 7th)

Yet when the blocked dates are imported into VRBO for the 1st to the 6th, it shows that a customer could book on the VRBO platform from the 6th and not the 7th.

This appears to be a new issue as it has not happened in the past.

Has anyone had experience of this and if so, how was it sorted out for you?

Thanks in advance for any feed bac

1 Best Answer

@Richard2724   I would suggest removing the calendar sync from both platforms and then re-establishing it.  I have noticed that when either company tweaks their calendar programming, it wreaks havoc on the synchronization.  I book with an extra day for prep and cleaning on Airbnb which means I never have a potential double booking coming from Vrbo.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Richard2724  I recently had an AIRBNB guest book, checking out June 2, and June 2 is the first date available to book (not June 1) on the VRBO app on an iPad. So my syncing seems to be working for me on that platform, unless this is a problem with more recent bookings.

Did you check on both the desktop and the app versions of both OTAs?

Richard2724
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

Hi @Pat271 

Thanks for your answer. Yes, this happens on the app, mobile, laptop, ipad. I only noticed it in the last couple of days. It seems to be something that has recently happened as it always use to work well!

@Richard2724   I would suggest removing the calendar sync from both platforms and then re-establishing it.  I have noticed that when either company tweaks their calendar programming, it wreaks havoc on the synchronization.  I book with an extra day for prep and cleaning on Airbnb which means I never have a potential double booking coming from Vrbo.

Richard2724
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

Thanks for the info.

I will try that.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Richard2724 the calendar view on Vrbo is different. It might look like the night before is available but it is just the view. You should double check by logging in as a guest

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Richard2724 ,

Was wondering if you were able to go with @Inna22 and @Lorna170's advice later and got to resolve it?

Do let us know how did it go, as it would be nice to learn if other members run into a similar issue!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines