Feedback on our listing please

Rebecca2368
Level 2
Stockport, United Kingdom

Feedback on our listing please

Hi

Our property went live in July and we haven't had the number of bookings or enquiries we were expecting. We've had a couple of guests and they've loved it, but somehow it's not getting much interest. We would love to hear any constructive feedback on the listing and thoughts on the price.

https://www.airbnb.com/slink/6gFpP3iJ

Thanks in advance.

Becky 

5 Replies 5
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Rebecca2368 ,

if you want have more bookings try to loer the minimum number of nights 😉

good luck!

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Rebecca2368
Level 2
Stockport, United Kingdom

Thanks Andrea, I've made that change now.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Rebecca2368 

Just my opinion.  I think your property looks amazing,  Honestly though because I am not familiar with tour neighborhood, the cover photo did not give me the correct impression of spacious and beautiful.  You have great photos maybe trying a different cover photo.

Your description is short.  Look at other  listings in your area for ideas and maybe location since your first review talks positive about the area.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

A lovely place ... 

What levels of bookings were you expecting based on your market research you did around supply and demand ? @Rebecca2368 

The best way to generate more bookings is to design your listing with your target guests firmly in mind, to list on all relevant STR platforms and take direct bookings .

also check pricing to make sure it's in line with your competitors.

and make sure your calendar is open for summer bookings. It takes time to build up your STR business 

you need to describe the property location and amenities in much more detail. I had to look up the location as it wasn't clear from your listing 😀😀

Oksana127
Level 4
Riga, Latvia

As a fellow host and professional in this space, I completely understand how challenging it can be to get consistent bookings, especially when you're new. I took a look at your listing, and here are some thoughts that might help improve visibility and increase bookings:

Optimize Your Title and Description

Your title is one of the first things potential guests see, so make sure it highlights the most attractive feature of your property. Is it the location, amenities, or something unique? A catchy and clear title can make all the difference. In the description, try to paint a picture of the experience guests will have when staying at your property. Focus on local attractions, cozy details, and anything special that sets your place apart.

Professional Photos

Your photos are another major selling point. Ensure they are high quality, well-lit, and cover all the key areas: bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, living spaces, and any outdoor areas. Guests often make decisions based on the visual appeal of the listing. You might want to consider adding a few lifestyle shots—like a cozy table setting or a view of the local surroundings—to make it feel more inviting.

Adjust Your Pricing

Pricing plays a huge role in search ranking and overall appeal. While you’re still new, you might want to consider lowering your price slightly to encourage more initial bookings and reviews. Offering discounts for longer stays or last-minute bookings can also help fill up vacant dates. Once you have more reviews, you can adjust your pricing back up.

Leverage SEO and Keywords

In your description and title, use keywords that guests may be searching for. Mention things like "close to city center," "perfect for families," or "great for remote work" if applicable. Airbnb's search algorithm uses these keywords, so aligning them with popular search terms can help increase your listing’s visibility.

Gather More Reviews

Since you’ve had a couple of happy guests, make sure they’ve left positive reviews. Early reviews are crucial for building trust with potential guests. You can send them a polite follow-up asking them to review their stay if they haven't already.

Promotions and Airbnb Tools

Take advantage of Airbnb's promotional tools, like the "new listing" or "early bird discount" options. These can help attract attention from potential guests. Also, consider setting up Instant Book to reduce booking friction.

Respond Quickly and Engage

Fast response times and personalized, welcoming messages make a big difference. Guests feel more confident booking when they know the host is responsive and engaged. Be sure to reply to inquiries quickly to boost your ranking in Airbnb’s search algorithm.

With these tweaks and a bit of patience, I’m confident you’ll start seeing more interest in your property. It’s all about building momentum early on, and you’re off to a great start with positive guest feedback.

Best of luck!