Forced property management integration

Answered!
Anny3
Level 4
Southwest Harbor, ME

Forced property management integration

I have been with Airbnb for 7 years and a super host almost all of that time I have never had problems with his company and its program. I have always thought they were absolutely wonderful with their support people as well as the ease, and using their program to change the calendars or change wording in descriptions or whatever I needed to do 

Now I find I have to probably hire a management company to integrate the use of my site. I have one fricking property. 

I have called Airbnb support to help me at least find out where in gods green earth I can sign up with some company so I can change my calendar and do the things I normally did I have not been able to get a link to anything other than more information about what these integration companies do for you but not how to join them not how to talk to somebody about what it's going to cost me. There's not a person in support who can do that. Someone gave me this email address to address the problem and it was supposed to be the link I needed  

svc-integration@airbnb.com

This goes nowhere... no such address , try it and you will see what I mean. I am 78 and  not a wiz with much of these things but I am not completely a duffer  . I have been trying to get this problem fixed for 4 days   I can not link with Vrbo so I could get a conflicting reservation . I can't even block it with airbnb and neither can support!  

Does anyone out there have some suggestions  I have Safari not Chrome if that is of any interest  

1 Best Answer
Anny3
Level 4
Southwest Harbor, ME

on June 1 /23 I wrote about the problem I was having  in trying to sync to Vrbo calendar so that potential customers would not double book ! After several calls to Airbnb support  and several agents coming onto my screen and several people trying to help I was still not able to get control of my site  . I thought it was an age thing but It wasn't 

I had to hire Ben to deal with things  ' after several pointed questions he was able to learn that support said I had a "Channel Manager "   called IGMS, This company or term I had never heard of or never contacted or knew what they did !!  Airbnb was of no help but after several more pointed questions we realized we had to get rid of them 

This is How Ben did it

1. Go to your logo on top Rt of screen ( mine ie my picture)  Click it

2. Go to Accounts

3. Go to Privacy and Sharing

4. Look above and see Services  click it

5. See Connected Services

If there is is any companies in this area  click Remove 

...and that's it ! You are back in business  Go back and sync your calendar , block or unblock any dates you need to  ergo Make changes to your site

To bad Support couldn't figure this out ! 

Thank you all that tried to help I so appreciate it .Hope this will help someone else!

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

You don’t need an integration company for this - simply import your Airbnb calendar to VRBO, and export your VRBO calendar to Airbnb,

The steps are here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/99

To avoid getting the VRBO link removed by the community admins, I’ll post the instructions here for exporting your VRBO calendar:

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Select the listing if you have more than one rental property.  
  3. Select Calendar.
  4. Select Import & export.
  5. Select Export calendar.
  6. Select Copy URL and paste into Airbnb as described in the link above.

Anny3
Level 4
Southwest Harbor, ME

IT DOESN'T WORK!!~~!  I am going to have to hire a computer person to help me do this at 60 bucks an hour. ! I am so angry about this you cannot even imagine!

@Anny3 

I can help you if you calm down. 🙂

Please copy and paste the URLs you placed in the fields of both platforms here, and we can take a look.

Anny3
Level 4
Southwest Harbor, ME

Thank you but even support that took over my screen was unable to do anything, we did the URL given bout 4-5 times  and there is only 1 URL .... and I am very calm at this point because I am going to hire someone to deal with the because I am finished and beaten. and I have to get it changed so I an use mt site! Thank you all fr your help !

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Anny3 Good luck sorry we could not help but something has gone very wrong I think ... if someone can retrieve your passwords then you could try on someone elses computer ... H

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Anny3I do not really understand what bit of your use of your dashboard has gone or ceases to function. Did someone else used to use your calendar and take the bookings or have you just lost access completly to your dashboard.Do you generally use the home computer to update and view everything There may be just a glitch somewhere I suspect , nothing major... Its either you have somehow turned something off , or maybe you are just looking at the new calendar because from here your calendar has some bookings in June but nothing in July ... H

@Anny3 do you have acess to VRBO, if so then you will simply have to keep an eye on both calendars and bookings either via email or your phone until you can get this sorted, .. Is it IB on Airbnb. You only need to link to Vrbo, it may be a change at Vrbo... H

But you do not need an integration company .. good Luck.. H

Amy go to Calendar , click pricing and availability and scroll right down until you get to calendar sync. It has moved .. H

@Anny3 

I’d suggest try google vasaca, plush or some other corporate short term rental management companies. However, i personally don’t suggest using them. They accept whatever guests book and have no screen of guests. you may end up with 1 bad guest that wipes out all year gain due to property damages. 

**. It’s too demanding and too fast turnaround. find a realtor that finds you a good long term tenant. 

**[Content removed inline with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that our Nondiscrimination Policy doesn’t allow for discrimination based on age]

@Anny3 dont take any notice of the above"implied agism" for goodness sake Who do people think have been running B and Bs for the last 100 years , thats right , retired people..more haste less speed I say . Rock on Amy.. H

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Anny3 is there an Airbnb Facebook group in your area. As I am sure there will be someone there to help you. 

When I first joined Airbnb for my cottage. I  was lost too with the changes and I had joined a local group and someone helped me step by step on the computer. 

As @Helen744  has said you it should be on your dashboard when log onto Airbnb, you can access your calender to see who has booked in, block days and setting nightly prices and rules.

What happened with the last summer release of updates my desktop computer was too old. So I have type in google Airbnb and when site pops up on the right top corner it says switch to hosting. Sometimes I have to put my log in password again. 

But I have Airbnb to my email address and to my phone. I am able to click on email and it opens the booking up and message from guests.

I suggest take your time step by step and contact another host. As someone will help you. I  am in the ageism bracket too. You will get there.

Anny3
Level 4
Southwest Harbor, ME

on June 1 /23 I wrote about the problem I was having  in trying to sync to Vrbo calendar so that potential customers would not double book ! After several calls to Airbnb support  and several agents coming onto my screen and several people trying to help I was still not able to get control of my site  . I thought it was an age thing but It wasn't 

I had to hire Ben to deal with things  ' after several pointed questions he was able to learn that support said I had a "Channel Manager "   called IGMS, This company or term I had never heard of or never contacted or knew what they did !!  Airbnb was of no help but after several more pointed questions we realized we had to get rid of them 

This is How Ben did it

1. Go to your logo on top Rt of screen ( mine ie my picture)  Click it

2. Go to Accounts

3. Go to Privacy and Sharing

4. Look above and see Services  click it

5. See Connected Services

If there is is any companies in this area  click Remove 

...and that's it ! You are back in business  Go back and sync your calendar , block or unblock any dates you need to  ergo Make changes to your site

To bad Support couldn't figure this out ! 

Thank you all that tried to help I so appreciate it .Hope this will help someone else!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Anny3 , 

Thank you so much for coming back and updating other Hosts and outlining the steps for troubleshooting the issue.

I wanted to inform you that I had moved this comment to your original thread to keep everything in one place so that others can refer to the solution to it.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines