Getting updated/new photographs

Joe156
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

Getting updated/new photographs

Hello,

I have been hosting and traveling with Airbnb for almost 7 years and one of my listings photographs nearly that old!  I have been told by guests that my place looks way better when they arrive because the photos they see are likely over 4-5 years old.  Airbnb sent me a link to request new photos and I am unable to do so.  It is very frustrating and moreover very sad and honestly hurtful that I have to write this...  It would be a lot cooler if a human being that works for Airbnb would see this is a valid concern and contact me to remedy the issue.

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I agree five years is a long time for you not to have updated your photos. Personally I would always commission my own photographer because a) you can ask for shared copyright so you can use them on other platform/for your own marketing and b) you can agree a shoot list with them (if you use airbnb they choose c) you can write it off as a tax expense.

If you want to use the Airbnb photograph and you are having issues with the link they provided wouldn't the easiest solution be to just give them a call @Joe156  this is a community forum for hosts and guests, not monitored by Airbnb.

Joe156
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Helen,  Just seeing this now!  Hope you are safe and sound.