Guest somehow specified a custom check-in time?

Collin129
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Guest somehow specified a custom check-in time?

Hi everyone, host here. I host a space that has a 5PM or later check-in. However, I recently had a reservation where the guest stated (and the app showed) that they had a check-in time of 1-3 PM. How is this possible? Did they request it and I just accepted it, not knowing this was an alteration? I'm really confused how this could have happened.

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Collin129 

I have checked both of your listings, and for both the check-in time does seem to be set at 17h00. I know that some guests indicate their estimated arrival time when booking, but I've never noticed one earlier than my check-in time (so I've assumed they can only choose time slots from check-in time onwards). Can you add a screenshot? It's already a challenge to get everything ready in time for a regular arrival, so I find this beyond frightening - I hope someone here can explain away this issue!

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

@Collin129 In a recent post a guest missed his refund deadline, because he was in a time zone that was different from the one of the listing he had booked. Is there any way this issue may have to do with a time zone change on your app due to traveling? Or, given the date of the booking, could it be daylight savings time? My own local time is the same year-round, so I have no idea how seasonal change displays on the app regarding the estimated arrival time given. Trying to think of anything that could've caused this difference.