Guesty vs. Hospitable - which do you prefer?

Michael6577
Level 1
Albany, CA

Guesty vs. Hospitable - which do you prefer?

I’m trying to figure out the right way to manage our listing across multiple platforms and have been running into Guesty and Hospitable.  We have only one listing, so not juggling a bunch of properties as some others are.  Main goal is to list on Airbnb + VRBO + others to maximize bookings.  Open to other recommendations as well of course.  Thanks.

Michael

3 Replies 3
Rafael1421
Level 2
Piedmont, CA

@Michael6577  Definitely stay away from Guesty. I can tell you from my experience they are a sort of scam at least the Guesty lite version. 

- Lots of bugs causing problems with guests and decreased bookings

- expect to lose priority placement after using Guesty because you lose the ability to use Airbnb's pricing optimization and special promotions. So no more slashes on your discounts, etc. 

- pricing tool doesn't work resulting in a month of zero bookings using their prices. 

- Countless hours spent with their support which is responsive but not useful and has trouble following a reported problem. 

- The web site they offer is useless. It wasn't customizable at all. They offer no help to improve it and worst of all it was all time wasted because no one can find the site because you can't optimize for SEO

- messaging was so slow that I was pretty much using the booking sites to communicate with customers. The messages on the app would come in so much later than the booking apps that to maintain your high response rate you have to continue to use the booking apps. 

All in all if you want your airbnb business to thrive avoid Guesty like the plague! Its expensive and when you switch back to using airbnb any other listing site it takes time to set things up again. 

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Rafael1421 ,

is there another app that you recommend?

Thanks

I use Lodgify It's a lot better!