Help about smart lock

Valbona8
Level 2
Vlorë, Albania

Help about smart lock

about smart lock and the way of check-in with lock-box as some of guest adviced me to a better check-in  which could help them be more independent...thanks

3 Replies 3
Debra699
Level 3
Decatur, GA

I use Schlage smart lock. I am able to set up unique codes for each guest and I can manage it remotely. Just remember to change the batteries regularly. I would use a lockbox as a backup in the event the door code doesnt work.

Hope this helps!

Deb

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Valbona8 , did you get a chance to have a look at @Debra699 's recommendation? 

Reading your post, I'm curious to know what's the current check-in process for your guest? It's so nice to read that you're taking your guest feedback into account and looking for solutions. 🌻

Smart locks have been a hot topic here in the community , so I wanted to share these related conversations, for you to explore : Check the conversations here .

I'm also inviting a few more experienced Hosts who had previously discussed about best smart locks if they can help us here : @Nur785 @Christine3142 @Dave-and-Deb0 @Margaret491 @Bronwyn100 😊

Host @Debra300 has also shared some tried and tested recommendations in a thread hereI wonder if she has a suitable advice for us! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Bhumika,

At our Atlanta rentals, we have the same setup as @Debra699, a Schlage Encode smart and we assign the last 4 digits of the guest's phone number as the door code. The things that I like most are that it doesn't require a separate wifi gateway and the keypad is not separate from the lick.  These two features save on additional batteries and electricity   I prefer not to integrate our locks with Airbnb to maintain control of when (or if, in situations where guests haven't completed all of the booking  requirements).