Help for boosting views for my Paris walking tour

Chris714
Level 2
Paris, France

Help for boosting views for my Paris walking tour

Hello all,

I'm asking for tips on how to get my two hour "Unusual History of Paris" walking tour higher up the AirBnB experience algorithm. The tour is offbeat covering everything from Notre Dame's gothic architecture to contemporary graffiti. It is rated 5 stars by 97% of my guests (391) over five plus years though it is offered only when I have free time and was stopped during and after Covid. 

Since re-starting in February, I keep over 20 open tour dates scheduled, have one of the lowest prices around, use a video as the first imagery, allow a very flexible booking and cancellation policy, all dates are open to public view (instead of the confusing 'private booking' option), lengthened the tour from two to two and a half hours, tried various social topic keywords, get great reviews all leading to.... minimum views. The guests who have booked in the past two months all say they scrolled for a while before seeing my offer. 

This tour is a side hustle so has sporadic dates and as said, was inactive for a year even after Covid. I started it up again two months ago. 

I am asking for any tips on how to boost what used to be a fully booked tour but is now relegated to algorithm obscurity. Many thanks, Chris 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I wouldn't rely just on Airbnb guests for bookings ....I'd suggest promote your tour through all relevant channels to reach those you've identified as your target market @Chris714 

You can set up your own website and socials, invest in targeted advertising and encourage reviews on relevant review sites .

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Chris714 👋

Have you had much luck in promoting your walking tour? If so, I'd love to hear what you did. 

Looking forward to hearing from you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines