Help my listing disappeared and my link is not working!

Sarika9
Level 2
Chgo, IL

Help my listing disappeared and my link is not working!

I was getting inquires up until 2 days ago. Now my link isn’t working nor can I find the listing if I search. I’m so frustrated as I’m sure I’ve lost on a booking or two. 
On hold w Airbnb support thru online chat but keep getting transferred and No one is helping me!! Please help!!!

5 Replies 5
Sarika9
Level 2
Chgo, IL

I’m now talking to someone and they said for new listings they will pause the listing for an hour or so to do a verification check. My link hasn’t been working all day and my listing is a couple wks old now. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarika9 

Sarika, your listing is visible in a general search of The Bristol area!

I just did an incognito search for Bristol Wisconsin, the only filter I used was 'Number of guests' and I set that number at 10. I used no other filters and your listing came up on the 3rd page in position 40 out of 144 potential properties.

Bristol Wisconsin.png

I would suggest the problem is on your end because your property is definitely visible, albeit down in 40th position.

There are a few things you can try, delete your cookies and your browsing history! This will make your computer search for your listing when you go online instead of using the computers memory. The computer gets lazy and uses stored information instead of refreshing the page each time you log on!

The second thing you can do to improve your visibility if you can find your listing is to change a few things in your description! Put the price up a dollar or two one day then down again a few days later, change your pictures around, add a house rule, get a friend to send you an enquiry.....get a bit of activity happening on your site. The algorithm that governs search placement responds to activity, as long as there is some activity happening you will stay prominent in search placement!

But trust me Sarika, your listing is visible!

Cheers.........Rob

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Sarika9 Yesterday after you posted I check your profile and your listing was off online but today it is back again. Maybe Airbnb CS was right and they paused your listing internally for a few hours? Anyway, glad you are back up and running!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarika9 your listing appears to be there. On a different note - I love the way you introduce your house rules.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Sarika9 

To add to @Mike-And-Jane0 comments, I also think you did a wonderful job on the House Rules.  With respect to pets, you may want to add a line to the effect that "all dogs are required/must have current/up to date vaccinations".  Only from my experience last year, when I put my hand out to welcome a pet.  He gave me lesson, ouch!