Horrible tenants

Tomsic0
Level 2
Charter Twp of Clinton, MI

Horrible tenants

I have some current tenants who are horribly messy. My office at our Resort complained to me about how messy they were on the outside, so I had someone go inside and look around and it was worse than you could imagine. I know that I am insured through Airbnb but I do not know the steps I need to take. They are set to check out August 4th and I plan on going there August 3rd through the 10th to take care of anything that they ruined they had a dog that they had on my furniture, which I had asked them to put a sheet down if they were going to have their dog on my furniture.

The couch was brand new I bought it 2 weeks before I left Florida to come home to Michigan.

My daughter-in-law stopped by there to grab her bathing suit and she did video tape while she was in there because of how horrible they kept the place and the lady told the dog to get on my couch when I explicitly told them not to do that.

My daughter-in-law went there to look for her bathing suit because she wanted to go swimming there with some friends. She was just flabbergasted by the way she told the dog to get on my couch and by the way they kept the house it was stacked from the floor to the ceiling with totes and everything they probably ever owned so I'm worried they're not even going to move out when they're supposed to

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You do know that your daughter in law or anyone else is not allowed to go into a property that you are letting out via Airbnb @Tomsic0 ? It is an invasion of the guests privacy and something Airbnb take seriously. 

if the guests are breaking your house rules then you can ask Airbnb to cancel the bookings . What did they say when you notified them about complaints of outside mess?

what vetting questions did you ask the guests on.booking to make sure they were a good fit.

many hosts who accept longer term bookings do include in their house rules that they do regular cleans to stop building up.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tomsic0 Sadly you have been misled by Airbnb's marketing. Aircover does not insure you for damage. You might get lucky with  an Aircover claim but make sure you follow the rules to the letter.