Hosting in Japan remotely

Emi3666
Level 1
Edmond, OK

Hosting in Japan remotely

Hello I am a Japanese citizen living in US with US permanent residency.  I am a superhost hosting over 1000 guests for the last 3 years in my two houses (one is my residence ) and the business has been great. I love hosting in Airbnb.  
I have purchased a brand new condominium unit in my hometown in Japan. It is still under construction and will be completed in December 2022.  This would be my 2nd home to live/stay while I am in Japan. I am planning to come home  2-3 times a year.  My main residence is in US still and where I will be keep preparing annual tax.   
I would like to do Airbnb hosting in Japan while I do live/stay there. That means I will be remotely hosting from US hiring some local work help for cleaning and preparing. 
I guess I have two questions. 
Can I host the condominium (we call condominium “ a mansion” ) using the same host profile I created hosting in US ? 
Also about Income tax ?  
I am hoping to find someone who is already hosting in US and Japan in this community. 
Thank you very much in advance!!! 

2 Replies 2
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Emi3666

What an exciting project! Did you find the information you needed to get started in the end, or do you still need more help?

Let us know how you get on 🙂 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ming432
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Hi I'm very interested in finding out how your project is going and hopefully learn from your experience.  Please let me know.  Thank you so much!