House manual creation

Terri429
Level 2
Taos, NM

House manual creation

@@House Manual. 

I’m attempting to create a House Manual.   Seems to me , to create this document in the APP or on Airbnb website produces a pretty rough document, unformatted, bunched together, hard to read.   Is there no formatting capability.  I’m a new host so wondering if am I just missing something.  There’s a lot I’d like to include in the manual but it has to be reader friendly or no one will read it.  

Terri 

7 Replies 7
Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

Looks  like what you see is what you get. 
Touch Stay does a great guest guide. It’s what I use and the guests that actually bother to read it really appreciate it. 

Karen

Thanks Karen, I will take a look at it. 

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

I agree with you, and wrote a post a few days ago, suggesting to Airbnb that they improve the tool for creating a house manual. We need something similar to the guidebook tool, where photos can be added. 

I have a house manual in PowerPoint, but since it cannot be sent to guests via the app, I have to ask for guests’ email adresses and go off platform, if they would like to see it before check in. Not optimal. 

Hostfully.com has a free house guide that you can set up online and send a link to guests. It can also be printed for display in the your property.

Farm Diva

Thanks for responding Sheila, much appreciated.  I will check it out.  

Terri

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Terri429 , I created our own house manual/guidebook that is kept in the Airbnb unit. I ordered a nice looking leather window presentation binder from Amazon that included blank pages and protective inserts to place printed pages in. It has worked out really well. I recently upgraded the binder and transferred the material into the new binder. 

You can also opt to use Etsy which offers all types of Airbnb guest/house manuals boilerplate/formats layouts…etc… in which to create your own personalized book.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Terri429 @Trude0 ,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Agreed that a manual should be reader-friendly in order to fulfill its purpose. I will make sure to forward the feedback to the team.

Meanwhile please feel free to add in case you would like to share it directly with Airbnb through the Feedback Form.

Did you happen to explore any other easy tools or options that are available for formatting the house manual?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines