How Can I Improve My Vacation Rental?

Bikash7
Level 2
Ratnanagar, Nepal

How Can I Improve My Vacation Rental?

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 1.04.57 PM.png

Listing link: Home in Ratnanagar · ★5.0 · 2 bedrooms · 2 beds · 2 baths

Hi everyone!
I run Vacation Vibe Villa and would love some feedback from fellow hosts. So far, I’ve kept things simple with basic LED lighting, minimalist decor, and essential amenities, but I want to elevate the overall guest experience.

What are some of the key things you’ve done to improve your space—whether it’s decor, amenities, guest communication, or even small touches that make a big difference? I’m looking for advice on anything that can make my guests feel more welcome and enhance their stay.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Bikki

[Content modified by OCM]

3 Replies 3
Geraldine374
Level 1
Gisborne, New Zealand

Hi @Bikash7, I’m still not very experienced in hosting and have only had under 10 bookings so far. I too want to enhance my chances of getting more bookings. I believe communication is the key and always being home to greet new people and being available to them for information   Clean, tidy space is important. Several people have commented that they like the fact that there is no clutter. 
I hope this helps, 

Regards

Geraldine

Gregory608
Level 1
Lancaster, PA

Hi @Bikash7 ,

I think your home looks clean and inviting. Something I have found over time is having each photo having a description of what your looking at will help your guests know exactly what they are getting into. Also I would take away any "dark" photos as they do not look inviting. 

We leave a small basket of goodies - crackers, fruit snacks, mini cereal boxes etc. Might be a nice centerpiece on your kitchen table. Other then that I think you are very detailed and have a very nice listing. 

Best of luck to you!

Holly

Giannis80
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hi Bikki,

Your place looks great! A few ideas to elevate the guest experience:

1. Lighting: Add smart, dimmable lights for a cozy atmosphere.
2. Decor: Incorporate subtle themes or local art to enhance the space.
3. Amenities: Upgrade to high-quality linens and provide a welcome basket.
4. Communication: Use automated messages and a digital guidebook.
5. Small Touches: Include books, board games, or local playlists.

These can make a big difference. Good luck!

Best,

Giannis