How to price my en-suite loft room.

Amun73
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

How to price my en-suite loft room.

Hi All

It’s been a long while since I re-listed my room on here and a lot has changed! I haven’t activated it yet as I’m unsure on price 
I have compared other costs from surrounding areas but to be honest some are either £25 and even £60 per night so it’s slightly confusing.

So I have an en-suite (shower) double bed large loft room, facing garden. It has a desk, furnished with cupboards and a sofa also. Bills included, free car space on road. Shared spaces are kitchen and garden only (not living room) I was thinking of putting small table in kitchen for the guest should they wish to use. I do use a cleaner for the house aswell £12ph. The area in RM7

I would be grateful to hear advice on what I should price per night from experienced hosts.

Thank you in advance! 
😊

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

The easiest way to understand how to price is to do a search for en-suite listings in your part of London with your amenities . 

you are right on the outskirts of London so this will lower your value for guests wanting a London location but an en-suite with parking will be attractive. Is there any demand for people to stay in your area for business or as a contractor? 

I’m really surprised in London people are charging only £25 for an en-suite with parking 

Oksana127
Level 2
Riga, Latvia

Hi there @Amun73 ,

It's great that you're re-listing your space, and I understand the pricing confusion—London can have a wide range depending on various factors. Here are a few things to consider when setting your nightly rate:

1. Compare Similar Listings: Focus on properties in your area (RM7) that are similar in terms of amenities (en-suite, double bed, desk, sofa, garden view, etc.). Rooms with en-suites generally attract a higher price.

2. Unique Selling Points (USPs): Your loft has some great features like the garden view, private bathroom, and free parking. These can justify a higher price compared to more basic rooms.

3. Adjust for Demand: Depending on the season or local events, you might want to start with a middle-range price and adjust accordingly. If your competition ranges from £25 to £60, you could start at around £45-£55, especially considering your room’s amenities.

4. Cleaner Costs: Factor in the cost of using a cleaner. If you have a cleaner coming in regularly, this adds value and convenience for guests, but you’ll also want to make sure it’s reflected in the price.

5. Use Dynamic Pricing: Platforms like Airbnb often recommend dynamic pricing tools, which can help you automatically adjust your price based on demand and competition in your area.

6. Trial & Feedback: You can start with a slightly lower price to attract initial bookings and get some reviews, then gradually increase your rate once you’ve built up positive feedback. Many new hosts use this strategy to boost their listing’s ranking.

Best of luck with your listing!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Amun73, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Our experienced hosts have shared some great advice on how to price your room. Have you checked out similar listings in your area? You might also consider implementing a dynamic pricing strategy, as our hosts have suggested.

Please keep us posted after you’ve had a chance to review these wonderful suggestions.

I hope you find them helpful! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad