I got a host review but no property review. Why?

Dimitar48
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

I got a host review but no property review. Why?

My first guest just left a review and I can see it under host reviews. But the property page still has no review and no stars. Why is that? Are host and property reviews different? Did the guest choose the wrong review?

10 Replies 10
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Dimitar48 It won't show up against the property until you have 3 reviews I believe.

omg so it needs to display a calculated mean of all reviews, huhhh... didnt know

Thanks a lot!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Five reviews I believe @Mike-And-Jane0 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Dimitar48 

I would contract Airbnb Support you don't receive your average star rating until 3 reviews received on a listing but reviews even the first one are displayed on a property.

Patricia2526
Top Contributor
Manila, Philippines

Hi @Dimitar48 

Airbnb requires at least three ratings from different guests before the average star rating appears on your listing. If this is your first review, it won’t show a star rating until you’ve had at least two more reviews.

@Patricia2526

The thing is his profile shows a guest review of his listing but when you open the listing it shows No Reviews.  I haven't seen that before. 

Patricia2526
Top Contributor
Manila, Philippines

Yes @Marie8425  you are absolutely right.  Best for @Mike-And-Jane0  to contact Airbnb support and report this issue.

Hi @Dimitar48 

As mentioned, your average star rating will not appear on your thumbnail photo in guest searches until you have 3 reviews. However, Airbnb has recently (I think) started showing the number of reviews (even if less than 3) on the main listing page and on the Host Profile. I noticed this when I created a new listing for a Host recently:

Joan2709_1-1723299166689.png

@Joan2709 

Any ideas as why the listing would not show 1 review, when the review as Host and the Guest mentions Property Name is viewable on the Host Profile Page?

@Marie8425 

There should only be a few reasons (that I can think of) why a review would not appear in @Dimitar48's case:

1. Host didn't review guest (not the case here as review visible)
  2. Guest didn't review Host (not the case here as the review is visible)
  3. Host or Guest's review violated Airbnb guidelines for a review
  4. Airbnb determines the guest did not actually stay at the property (fake review)
  5. Possible delay in posting the review from today on the review count?
  6. Airbnb bug?

So in this case...perhaps it's best for @Dimitar48 to contact Airbnb CS as you pointed out.