Intruder Alarm vs Security camera

Intruder Alarm vs Security camera

Hi I have an intruder alarm system that when triggered by a burglar can take photos. it is not a security camera that can be set to take footage all day and night. My system only is set off by burglars/intruders. Under the new rules will all the PIR units need to be swapped out?

many thanks for any insights on this.

2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Rosie312 👋

I just wondered if you'd reached out to Airbnb Support for clarification and if you had an answer from them that you could share with us? 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I did speak to a lady at AirBnB on the phone who said that all cameras inside the property need to be removed. I did explain that my alarm system could only work if an intruder broke into the property, the alarm would sound, it is VERY loud and only then would photos be taken. I am not 100% certain if she understood what system I had in the property but I have decided on the safe side to swap out the PIR units I have that take the photos and just have motion sensor detectors. It will cost me about £800 to do this as I have 8 units to change and I do feel my property will be less well protected. If by any chance you find out anything different please do let me know. I plan to swap out the units in the next week. Rosie