Is it possible to add fixed arrival days?

Answered!

Is it possible to add fixed arrival days?

Hi, 

Does anyone know if it is possible to add fixed arrival days? For example arriving on Friday, Saturday or Sunday only? Now I often have to block the other days because I cannot be there to welcome guests.

Cheers,

Iske

1 Best Answer
Florian-and-Theresa0
Level 10
Mintraching, Germany

@Deborah0 It's not impossible but very complicated.

@Iske0 You could try it in a very complicated way and I'm afraid my English will make it even more complicated ...

Go to calendar settings in your listing. Scroll down the menu on the right to "Add another requirement". Click. A new window opens. There you can chose the time period oder special dates and "guests must arrive on a specific day". I think you have to create a period from monday to friday with only check-in on friday. And then saturday as an own period and sunday as an own period. And than proceed with this for the whole year (really complicated). I'v never tried this but it should work.

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

There is no way to designate only certain days of the week as arrival days in the system.  You would have to write this in your listing description, that you can only accomodate arrivals on those days.  Then if guests inquire about arriving on other days, you'll just have to point out you can't accomodate that.  

Florian-and-Theresa0
Level 10
Mintraching, Germany

@Deborah0 It's not impossible but very complicated.

@Iske0 You could try it in a very complicated way and I'm afraid my English will make it even more complicated ...

Go to calendar settings in your listing. Scroll down the menu on the right to "Add another requirement". Click. A new window opens. There you can chose the time period oder special dates and "guests must arrive on a specific day". I think you have to create a period from monday to friday with only check-in on friday. And then saturday as an own period and sunday as an own period. And than proceed with this for the whole year (really complicated). I'v never tried this but it should work.

@Florian-and-Theresa0 @Iske0

THanks for pointing that out, Florian! I hadn't realized that option was there! 

You go to your calendar, then just above calendar on upper right is a gearwheel.  Click on that, and up comes a popup box.  Just below where the boxes are to fill in minimum and maximum days it says, "add a requirement for seasons or weekends." Click on that and  you get another popup box where you can fill in a range of dates.   Then fill in your minimum nights, and then check box where it says guests must arrive on a specific day.  The difficulty you will have is that you can apparently select only ONE day of the week when you want guests to arrive on a specific day.  So, like Florian is saying, you would not be able to fill in the range of dates including the whole year, because then you could only have one arrival day for the whole year.  Instead, you would have to create 3 date ranges for each week of the year, in order to get Fri, Sat and Sunday, and you might only be able to do that if you had set your minimum stay as 1 day.  So indeed, as Florian says, it is very complicated and might not work just as you want.  

how to get back to calendar?

Yes verrrry complicated requiring some math. You have come close though not quite there to creating a workaround for this problem that i am having as well. I think i will suggest to the company that we really need an option to set check in days of the week. And check out days of the week. 

For instance, i can’t have my weekends broken up by bookings, so i need a setting where i do not receive requests checking in or out on Saturday or Sunday...

Would really like to prevent checkins on certain days, this is why i currently dont allow instant bookings.

Florian-and-Theresa0
Level 10
Mintraching, Germany

@Deborah0 Thanks for the translation! "popup box" and "gearwheel" - I'll keep that in mind. ;-))) We had this #fixed-check-in-days discoussion in our german-swiss-austrian group.

Airbnb1.jpgAirbnb2.jpg

Hallöchen!

@Florian-and-Theresa0 Oh yes! I did not see the german discussion but you can not imagine how happy I was when I finally discovered this myself!!! No arrivals anymore at my moms-birthday and no arrivals at christmas-eve anymore for ever! I can now make fix apointments with friends, plan a weekend with my husband and don`t need to worry if I will have an arrival these days.

@Iske0 In your case you "only" need to make ONE setting per week.

You can say Sunday till Thursday only arrive on Sunday`s and this for every week. Than guests can only arrive Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

e.g.
24  Jan - 28. Jan x check box arrive Sunday
31. Jan - 04. Feb x check box arrive Sunday
07. Feb - 11. Feb x check box arrive Sunday
...and so on.

I just had it the other way arround. I don't wanted to have any arrivals on a specific weekend in January as I wanted to have my birthdayweekend free of arrivals. So in this case I was setting Friday till Sunday needs to arrive on Friday.

15 Jan - 17 Jan x check box arrive Friday

It worked without blocking the days. I had two bookings arriving on Wednesday and one arriving on Thursday.

@Deborah0 Same to me: I hope I can described it in an english you can understand. 🙂

Liebe Grüße aus Berlin

Gritta

It looks like this option is not available anymore or may I find it in a another place  ?

@Amaury-and-Chloé0  Its under ""Availability" setttings when you are viewing your calendar.  You can also specify Minimum night stays and other seasonal adjustments. I wrote a guide with step by step instructions on how to set up seasonal availability settings in the "Community Help Guides" seciton you you can find under "Discuss" menu of this site. 

snip_20161110123612.png

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Hello there,

This function appears to only define the check-in day.  Not the check-out day.  

So, there still isn't a way to ensure that all bookings are by the week, i.e. Saturday-to-Saturday.

For example: we just received a booking where the guest checks in on a Saturday (as our advanced settings require) ... but then checks out not the following Saturday, but the Monday afterwards.  The booking is not for 7 nights, Saturday-to-Saturday; it's for 9 nights, Saturday-to-Monday.

Which is a problem for us, because housekeeping is organized to happen only on Saturdays.

Can anyone advise how to set BOTH the check-in and the check-out date as the same day of the week?

Thanks!

Hi Caterina!

I don't know if you are still looking for an answer to your question, but I was facing the same issue.

I followed the advice of this discussion, and I chose 7 days as a minimum stay and as a maximum stay. In that case, people can arrive and leave only on Saturdays. Of course, it is annoying because if they want to stay longer, they cannot. In order to cope with that, I wrote a message saying that if they want to stay more, they should get in touch with me and I will adapt the add on airbnb.

I hope it helps!

It will be nice to have some day an option to chose a range of day and time for check-in and check-out.

Cheers,

Roxane

Wondering the same thing!