Is this a genuine listing?

Maria17026
Level 2
Seymour, CT

Is this a genuine listing?

This rental is new and has no reviews.

Is it real?

**[Identifiable information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Maria17026 remarkably ALL new listings have no reviews. 

Why are you concerned? I would question the restrictive check in times but suspect it is a mistake.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

When a listing has no reviews it usually means it is brand new.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Maria17026, welcome to the Community Center. Whilst I understand that you have some questions about a listing, sadly, I had to remove the link to the listing inline with the Community Center guidelines

I hope you've found a lovely place to stay at 🙂

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincy I am just wondering why a link to a published listing has been removed. Is there a new guideline? Previously 'published' things like listings and reviews have been allowed (or at least not removed) because they are already in the public domain.

It does beg the additional question as to how hosts ask for comments on their listings.....

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Context is everything on this one @Mike-And-Jane0 . The OP here is asking if a listing is a scam. Now say that Host sees the comment here - not very nice!

But if a Host shares their listing for feedback they are a willing participant for review. 

Hope that makes sense.

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie Personally if I were the host and saw that here I would be more than happy to confirm it wasn't a scam.

I have a lot of sympathy with guests (and hosts) who are fearful of scams so feel that anything that reassures them should be allowed but I will bow to your context as not everyone thinks like me (thank god)

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha @Mike-And-Jane0 ! For me it comes from my few (many) years in community forums. It's called "witch hunting" and in some instances it can get very ugly. Would rather remove the risk, just in case!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines