Listing blocked after primary host changed

Answered!
Stephie2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Listing blocked after primary host changed

Can anyone help?!!! 
5* host hear of over 10 years and have completely lost my listing. 

Our listing suddenly shows as indefinitely unavailable and the URL is down.

We first experienced issues logging in as we kept getting security SMSs at login which were sent to the opposite host’s phone.

Despite numerous calls, our listing is still down. Absolutely no idea why this happened, other than that there may have been a security error/bug with the login. All other activity has been routine and all guests happy. 

As a last ditch attempt we got through to CS and decided to ask them to delete the primary host’s account and transfer the listing over to the cohost. They did this but the listing is still void on the co host account. 

We’ve heard nothing from them for weeks now despite multiple maddening calls and desperate emails. 

Big revenue losses and the cleaning team are losing their income. 

absolutely desperate, any suggestion v much appreciated 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephie2 you have fallen foul of the rule that says you cannot transfer accounts to a new person.I am afraid you will need to create a new listing from scratch under your name.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephie2 you have fallen foul of the rule that says you cannot transfer accounts to a new person.I am afraid you will need to create a new listing from scratch under your name.

Hi Mike and Jane, 

Thanks for taking the time

But are you sure?? We were co-hosts all along on the listing. It was Airbnb customer service who transferred the primary host to me from my husband's account, and deleted his.

Plus, the issues with the calendar being blocked started before we transferred the accounts.

If this is true I feel we've lost an enormous amount of revenue and our whole profile and reviews for no reason at all!?

Any further insights appreciated!

Stephie2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

B5976614-B03B-4781-A281-4A944F6D47DC.png

Stephie2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

As you can see above, I’m the primary host. But the listing is clearly still associated with my husband’s account due to them switching the primary host to me 

Stephie2 Mike-And- Jane are correct... H

Hi I have a house listed with a professional host who manages many properties but I’m looking to take the management back. Do you know what is the best way to do this? She suggested making me a co host and then transfer to make me primary but I’m guessing then that it is still associated with her? Best option to create new account but what happens with current bookings? Thank you in advance Pauline 

@Pauline830 Airbnb makes it difficult (aka impossible) to transfer listings.

You would be best to set up a new listing, block the dates for existing bookings on the old listing and then run the old listings down via your current manager having blocked all available days.

Others may have better suggestions.....

Stephie2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Correction: 5* host HERE (!)