Listing change

Answered!
Joanne907
Level 2
Riverview, Canada

Listing change

Hello,

I have made changes to my listings basic names. Will this change be instant on line or will it take a few days to look up on Airnb.

Also I have 2  listings attached to my name as a host. When i went online to find them on the site i could only see one listing? not sure why?

Thank you kindly

Joanne

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Joanne907 

Yes the change in name for your listings takes effect immediately.

The fact that both of your listings didn't come up can be explained by a large number of other properties in your area.  The algorithm selects listings for your town and some well outside too but guests only have 15 pages to see this selection so not all listings can get shown.  Every time you make a search, the listings showing will be different so that hopefully everyone gets a chance of being picked.

Your calendar is only open from June onwards I believe and with a weekly minimum stay so this will also impact the search results as the algorithm favours listings with a calendar wide open and with short minimum stays.

The more information you have available the better regarding your listings and also about yourself.  Your profile is bare and as a newbie, guests always appreciate knowing a little about their host.  Just a thought...

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Joanne907 

Yes the change in name for your listings takes effect immediately.

The fact that both of your listings didn't come up can be explained by a large number of other properties in your area.  The algorithm selects listings for your town and some well outside too but guests only have 15 pages to see this selection so not all listings can get shown.  Every time you make a search, the listings showing will be different so that hopefully everyone gets a chance of being picked.

Your calendar is only open from June onwards I believe and with a weekly minimum stay so this will also impact the search results as the algorithm favours listings with a calendar wide open and with short minimum stays.

The more information you have available the better regarding your listings and also about yourself.  Your profile is bare and as a newbie, guests always appreciate knowing a little about their host.  Just a thought...

All the best

Joëlle

Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter. I have updated my profile.

Hello @Joanne907 

That's great that you've done that but what about a picture of yourself?  I have ticked the box on my account that asks that guests provide a recognisable picture of themselves, no photos of their cat or other infuriating pictures so that I can recognise who I am letting into my apartment when I meet them.  The fact that I have one of myself makes me more comfortable in asking them and if they don't (haven't had the case yet) I can contact Airbnb to get them to cancel.

All the best

Joëlle

Your right i will update with a Picture today. 

I ask the same for people that will book to send me a pic of them.

Thank you for your quick reply Joelle.

You're very welcome @Joanne907 😊