Listing feedback on properties in india , mountains.

Abhinav47
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Listing feedback on properties in india , mountains.

Hosting in india especially for a new host feels like giving good pricing is the main way to get people and eyeballs. Can recommend if their are other alternatives to capturing an indian host. 

Link to the listing 👉 Condo in Shimla · ★4.59 · 3 bedrooms · 4 beds · 3.5 baths 

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 10.06.26 AM.png

(Content modified by OCM)

10 Replies 10
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Abhinav47 

thank you for asking this in the community! 😊

Let's see what other Hosts from India think about this topic: @Anoop16@Kalpana18, and @Dr-Jayanthi1

Thank you in advance everyone! 

Warm regards🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi @Elisa Thank you for the thread. I would love to take the opportunity.

@Abhinav47Love the mountains 😍. Tweaking on the prices is never the right option. The comfort of Airbnb is to fix the price that you can justify. However do work on the amenities. Listen to the guests and their reviews. Let the description mention the availability of the missing amenities that have been raised by previous guests. I am sure all potential guests read through your reviews and decide. Hence make the effort to bring them in your listing description so that guests do not have the questions hanging over. Make more pictures of your access or parking and explain the pain points before hand, or ensure that help will be available on prior request or notification. Work personally with a few guests, ensure hospitality is a priority (with your staff as well), positive reviews are the magic with business at Airbnb.

Happy hosting.  

Hi @Dr-Jayanthi1 

thank you for helping other Hosts! 😊
I’m sure your comment will be appreciated.

How long have you been hosting?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi @Elisa , I have been with Airbnb since 2017. Did it from the scratch. I am  learning and growing every minute. I am always a “Happy host” ❤️ Wish to host all of the community leaders someday. Your support is immense on this forum. 

Hi @Dr-Jayanthi1  😊

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's amazing to hear about your journey with Airbnb since 2017, what an incredible accomplishment!

I'm so grateful to be part of such a supportive community.❤️

Warm regards,

-----

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Abhinav47 

Reading your reviews price isn't your issue.  The few beginner hiccups many have for cleaning or minor issues.

What  is negatively effecting you is minor challenges accessing and parking.  You are actually shooting  yourself in the foot not just identifying and lowering your price to the point that you are attracting Guests who shouldn't rent your property.

Identify who is your proper market based on your area.  Determine the average price of similar listings.  Review their descriptions maybe you have something you didn't mention and you should.

Since it has been complained about more than once speak about parking and the access way.  Take clear pictures of the stairs and caption entry.  Not everyone will have issues the irritation seemed more because surprised.  Nobody likes a negative surprise

Lauren4068
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

I would suggested better, more professional pictures and a new first picture. Stage the pictures a bit better, i.e., take the suitcase off the bed. Also, is that a private patio? Maybe put some chairs and furniture out there so people can enjoy it? 

Hi @Abhinav47 

It is clean, you are nice .start and you will improve and improve.a clean house  and warm atmosphere are more worth then hyper super decorations.good luck .

Lashade3
Level 1
Accra, Ghana

Hi @Abhinav47,

looking at the reviews many guests enjoy the stay and love the place. Some have commented the place is well stocked.

It seems most have complained about getting to the unit as well as parking while some have highlighted its remote nature from convenience stores and restaurants.

- Get more high resolution photos focusing on the serene scene from the rooms.

- Curate some spaces for yoga on the patio with views for pictures to highlight the tranquil nature.

- Accept the feedback gracefully in your review without being too defensive.

Laura6853
Level 1
Fort Collins, CO

Hi there @Abhinav47 ,

The views look amazing and I'm sure it's a lovely place to enjoy a mountain getaway. From what I can tell, you need more photos. If I'm looking for someplace out of the country, I would want to see the bed and the kitchen and a detailed list of the amenities. The furniture in the living room doesn't look very comfortable, I would work on making the space as warm and comfortable for guests who've been hiking all day. 

best wishes,

Laura