Making a Host a Co-Host

Leigh688
Level 1
Cotignac, France

Making a Host a Co-Host

Hi there, I am a property Manager and have a client who is having issues with her listing Property Manager. When the listing was set up, the actual owner of the property was set up as the co-host and the property manager as the Host. The Property Manager (host) actually locked out the owner of the house (co-host) and changed the bank details to be her own to receive the funds from the bookings. So the relationship has all gone wrong and hence why I am being hired as the new property manager. My question is, as long as this person is the host, does the actual owner have any control of her listing? The ideal situation would be for the person to add her back on and change her to host, but if that isn't possible then the only other option we have is to create a whole new listing and rely on the old property manager to delete the listing and lose all of the great reviews. Does anyone have any advice on this? The property manager is also a super host so I dont know if this effects it?? 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leigh688 sadly a lot of property managers make themselves the host so that they have full control over the listing. The listing cannot be transferred between hosts so your new client will have to set the property up from scratch. I hope your client had a decent contract with the old manager so that they can be forced to delete their listing.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You mention you are a property yourself but have no listings under your profile - how long have you been hosting on. airbnb .

@Leigh688 ???

Obviously the listing can't be transferred. The owner has to set the new listing up in her name and add you as the co-host.

She needs to take the previous cohost to court for lost fees and inform them and Airbnb that no further bookings will be accepted through the former cohosts listing with immediate affect.

the owner really needs a cohost who understands how Airbnb works so that her property can be managed effectively..