Maximize Bookings - Feedback please

Kota76
Level 1
Goose Creek, SC

Maximize Bookings - Feedback please

Hi Community. My bookings have slowed down and a lot of my guest are not giving reviews. I’m not sure how to maximize my 3 bed 2 bath. Could someone please take a look at my property 

Listing link: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1067265858533311657

[Title modified and listing link added by OCM for relevancy]

8 Replies 8
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Kota76 My comments would be looking at your listing detail  why is your rental my best choice?   Your primary details focus on the property, if your market is long term guests whose main focus is details about the popert your pricing does not seem to reflect that.  At the end of your listing is two lines that would entice someone vacationing which your pricing is reflective of I expect different charges if I am renting a week rather than a month..

If your property includes laundry facilities mentioning  a nearby laundromat makes me as a potential Guest worry that using the laundry facilities is frowned on because if an alternative is mentioned then it appears the Host thinks I need to know it is available.

Your work area is described as shared.  On Airbnb shared describes an area the guest does not control who has access the host does.  Even though the desk  might not have a dedicated room if in the living room the Guest has the control  of telling who has come with them stay out of the living room while I am working up to the Guest.

Look at your reviews which are positive.  What people liked clean better linens location distance to attractions, easy, to navigate and safety.  Obviously things you provide should be your highlights.  A happy customer is usually your best advice of what your market is.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kota76,  I hope you're well 😊
I love the minimalistic look & feel of your listing 😍

I'd like to invite some of our wonderful Hosts to kindly share their feedback @James3814@Cheri354 and @Karen4131 🙏🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I’m up for it. Thank you for the invite 

Hi @Kota76  - what a lovely listing! Here's my feedback:

- the 4 star review mentions some items including cushions for outdoor seating (not sure where they are located), railing on steps, etc. I would address these items in my listing (add railing, add a photo of where the cushions are located). Anytime someone makes a critical comment about how they experience our home we try to remedy/make it better. If someone takes the time to mention it, it is very likely that others noted this as well but just didn't say anything. It will go a long way across all guest experiences.

- Lead photo - you currently have a kitchen photo. It is a very nice photo but perhaps the photo of the super cute porch with seating and wood shutters is a bit more eye grabbing. 

Much success,

Greystone Lodge

@Greystone0 Thank you tremendously for the feedback. I have to figure out the cushion crisis. As for The railings, they have been ordered and cover photo will be switched. 

I am definitely open to any other pointers you all have 

Hi @Kota76  - here's some additional comments:

- photos need captions: You have a nice selection of photos but none have comments. Don't put "dining room" for dining room, put something like "Comfortable seating for 4. Also a great spot to catch up on some email" Blah, blah.  Don't put "Kitchen", put something like "We've stocked the kitchen to be family friendly and think you will find what you need!", Our washer & dryer are BLAH BLAH and soap is located on the shelf nearby (or whatever). You don't need clever captions for everything all at once, just start off with a few and keep adding.

- bedroom photos - you have two photos of each bedroom but from the same angle. If possible I would get an opposite side or angle of each bedroom, otherwise I would just remove one of the photos (I see you are representing with blinds closed but it looks like you are just repeating the same photo).

- you have an area that is labeled "office" but looks more like a breakfast bar with stools. I think that for an 'office' the chair would really need to have a back and access to outlets/charging station etc. If it makes sense this area looks like a super cute bar/kitchen counter seating area.

- one of your reviews mentions train noise and you mention in your listing. I would add a sound machine for each bedroom and trains in the kids bedroom 😉

- since you are close to a beach and water park do you offer beach towels and other items folks can use for these places? We keep beach towels, picnic basket, some floaty things, two beach loungers, for our 'lake' guests

- one of your reviews mentions an odd layout. I would work on a remedy for this - it may be adjusting some furniture placement or adding a rug to define a space. It would be worth your time to see it from a new set of eyes, if that makes sense.

You have a super cute listing! Wishing you much success,

Greystone Lodge

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

@Kota76 On the contrary, your bookings look really good !

Don't worry, not everyone leaves a review 🙂

Living room photo shows two chairs sitting on what appears to be a metal auto oil-change pan ?

Just curious what that might be~

Do you advertise in other places ? Social media, Chamber of Commerce, Library Community Bulletin Board, etc. Can you make a donation to a City function or school fundraiser that will use your name possibly in a theater handout or Thank you poster..

Best wishes~

Hey there! I checked out your listing, and here are a few tips to help boost your bookings and get more reviews:

Be proactive in communicating with your guests. Send a welcome message before they arrive, check in during their stay, and thank them afterward. Politely remind them to leave a review if they enjoyed their stay.

After guests check out, send them a thank you message and kindly ask for a review. Mention that their feedback helps you improve and helps future guests.

Good luck!