Minimum age

Answered!
Michelle4072
Level 1
Sand Springs, OK

Minimum age

Is there a minimum age requirement to rent your space?

1 Best Answer

Hi @Michelle4072 Airbnb allows hosts to set certain restrictions on their listings, including minimum age requirements, provided they comply with local laws and Airbnb's non-discrimination policies. I have a minimum age requirement for my listings and I ensure it's disclosed on my listing description and House Rules. 

If you need to put a minimum age requirement, make sure your minimum age requirement complies with local laws and regulations regarding rental agreements. Some areas may have specific laws about age discrimination or minimum age for contractual agreements and clearly state the minimum age requirement in your house rules and listing description. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @Michelle4072 Airbnb allows hosts to set certain restrictions on their listings, including minimum age requirements, provided they comply with local laws and Airbnb's non-discrimination policies. I have a minimum age requirement for my listings and I ensure it's disclosed on my listing description and House Rules. 

If you need to put a minimum age requirement, make sure your minimum age requirement complies with local laws and regulations regarding rental agreements. Some areas may have specific laws about age discrimination or minimum age for contractual agreements and clearly state the minimum age requirement in your house rules and listing description. Hope this helps! 

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Michelle4072 

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by minimum age requirement. 

To rent from AirBnB, according to its Terms of Service, only those who are 18 and over can make reservations, they also need to be 18 years of age to create an account whether as a guest or a host.

I do hope between @Alicia753  and my response lead you to the information you were looking for.

Kind regards,

Bettye6