Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Multiple listings

Answered!
Vina595
Level 2
United States

Multiple listings

Hello everyone!  I am new to hosting so I need some advice.  I currently have a 3 bedroom 2 bath home listed.  Right now every booking has the entire home.  I would like to offer 2 additional options such as:

1.  All living spaces but just 1 bedroom

2.  All living spaces but just 2 bedrooms

No matter how guests book they would never share the home with other guests.  I am having some guests that are traveling alone and would like to offer them a lower rate if they only want/need 1 bedroom.  This would be helpful to me as well since it would cut down on cleaning a bit.  I looked at doing multiple listings but the only options to select are entire home or shared spaces and these listings would be neither of those.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vina Elkins

Top Answer
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Vina595 ,

All your listings will be considered as “entire home” because you will lock the other rooms, and there won’t be any other guests.
In one listing, the entire home is a one-bedroom.
In the second listing, the entire home is a two-bedroom.
And in the third listing, the entire home is a three-bedroom.
You can connect the calendars so that when you have a reservation in one listing, it will prevent double bookings in the other listings as well. This can be done under the “Availability” option in the calendar.

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Vina595 ,

All your listings will be considered as “entire home” because you will lock the other rooms, and there won’t be any other guests.
In one listing, the entire home is a one-bedroom.
In the second listing, the entire home is a two-bedroom.
And in the third listing, the entire home is a three-bedroom.
You can connect the calendars so that when you have a reservation in one listing, it will prevent double bookings in the other listings as well. This can be done under the “Availability” option in the calendar.

Hello @Guy991,

I was thinking about doing the same thing with my cabin, it's set up with two levels.  We have a full basement with a kitchenette and a full bathroom, with its own private entrance, which cannot be accessed from the main level. If I understand you correctly I would have 3 listings. 

1. Entire home

2. Basement level

3. Main level

I don't want to share the spaces, so to prevent sharing, for example, if the basement is rented, I would block the calendar for both the Entire home and Main level.  

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Craig806 ,

From what I understand, “entire home” doesn’t necessarily mean the entire property. If it has its own entrance, kitchen, full bathroom, and bedroom, it can be considered an entire home. Even if you had different guests on the main floor and in the basement, each one would be an entire home.

The issue is that many guests don’t understand the difference between “entire property” and “entire home.” This is why it’s important to explain it clearly in the description.

In your case, since you don’t allow different guests on both levels, it’s an entire home for each listing because the other part of the property (the other level) is closed with no guests.