My price rule doesn't seem to have an effect

Martin949
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

My price rule doesn't seem to have an effect

I have tried to add a Price Rule for my listings though a price rule. The price rule limits the booking to minimum 7 days and that part works when I test. I have also added a 50% price increase and were expecting that to be added on top of the Smart Price for the listing. When I look at the prices it shows the same price for dates with the price rule and without the price rule. I have tried to deactivate the smart price, but then I have to add a manual price, and then that is the price showing, not anything with +50%. 

Any ideas why this doesn't work?

Best wishes
Martin Johnsen

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Martin949,

I am tagging two of our most experienced Hosts here to see if they would like to share some insights: @Joan2709 and @Mike-And-Jane0.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Martin949 

Can you please post a screen shot of your price rule (do you mean a Rule Set under Pro Tools?). We would need to see the details of the Rule Set as you can combine both length of stay and price increase/decrease on the same Rule Set. However, you cannot apply 2 different Rule Sets on the same date.

Rule set with a min stay and a 5% Discount

Joan2709_0-1724887267139.png

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Joan2709 I am sure I applied two rulesets to the same dates. I did this when I didn't want anyone checking in/out for a particular week and yet was happy if someone was already there.