Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Need advice on dealing with noise complaints

Answered!
Irina597
Level 2
Ayia Napa, Cyprus

Need advice on dealing with noise complaints

Hi all. I really need your advice. I have an apartment that I rent, they are located on the street of bars, so it is very noisy at night. I wrote in the description about this, as well as in other important information. I even got rid of the common name of the apartments, replacing them with where they are located (apartments on the street of bars). but no one reads the description or comments from previous guests and continues to leave negative reviews. Advise what to do in this situation?

[Title updated by OCM]

Top Answer
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Irina597 

Challenging situation! I think we all have this happening in one version or another. I message my guests immediately after I accept their reservation. request. My message makes sure they know where they are coming and the special circumstances that could possibly be deal breakers if they did not read the listing completely. In your case, I'd tell them those things in writing in the first followup message, and ask for any questions. Best of luck to you!

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Irina597 

Challenging situation! I think we all have this happening in one version or another. I message my guests immediately after I accept their reservation. request. My message makes sure they know where they are coming and the special circumstances that could possibly be deal breakers if they did not read the listing completely. In your case, I'd tell them those things in writing in the first followup message, and ask for any questions. Best of luck to you!

oh great idea thank you

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Irina597 I don't think your property description goes far enough. I would add 'The apartment is situated in the bar/nightclub area and is not suitable for  light sleepers if they go to bed before xx am.

you won’t believe it😁, but it’s written in the description and also in ,,important to know, but this doesn’t stop anyone. The guests don’t read anything at all. just a couple of yesterday I wrote this information in the description and added yellow danger signs (although this is probably in vain) I also added this info to the letter after booking, while there are no new bookings.

Kenia10
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I do have the same problem, and unfortunately airbnb always stay against us