Neighbours listing on my property

Answered!
Sue2134
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Neighbours listing on my property

My listing is set up to show the specific location of my property, as proximity to the local golf course is important to our guests.

My neighbour, whose property is around the corner from mine, with a different street as a civic address, also has a listing but their location is set to general.

The problem is that the general location they chose is on my property. Then, because  I am a brand new listing, theirs covers mine.

To be clear, my listing does not show on map view until you zoom right into just my property, at which point my listing and my neighbours listing separate.

I feel like hosts should not be able to select the “general” location of their listing on another hosts property.

I paid a premium on my property because it is the closest property to the golf course, yet it doesn’t even appear on the search map because my neighbour, on another street, gets to make up where their listing is.

I contacted support but they said there is nothing they can do. Any advice? 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Sue2134 

your neighbour does not set the general area it is set by the airbnb software 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Sue2134 

your neighbour does not set the general area it is set by the airbnb software 

Thanks, that’s what I thought too and said that to the agent. I was at first happy to hear it was general because Airbnb could just move it then. She said they cannot. So frustrating.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sue2134 as @Helen3 says the software determines where the pin goes. Obviously it will not put the centre of the circle on the actual property as that would give away its location. I fear there is little you can do as I can't see Airbnb being able to fix this easily. I guess it happens a lot in big cities though so maybe they have a solution.

Exactly, they said they can’t do anything. This isn’t even a big city. There are 14 listings in this small town and mine is the only one that doesn’t appear on the map. 

I considered changing mine to general, even though I shouldn’t have t, just to see where it would put me but it seems once a specific location is confirmed you can’t change back.