New Host - Please share your tips & advices

Answered!
Arab74
Level 1
Sohna, India

New Host - Please share your tips & advices

Hello There!

My name is Arab and I am from India, I have managed to list my property on Airbnb and I am super excited to meet fellow hosts and community, there is so much to learn. 

I really home my listing gets some traction and I am able to host lovely people I am sure it is gonna be an amazing experience for me and for the guests as well. 

Since I am new to all this, I invite fellow hosts and experts to shower your experience, tips and advices. 

Anything and everything is welcoming. 

Stay blessed!

Arab Khan 

**[Contact details removed  and title updated- Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share contact details on the Community Center.

1 Best Answer
Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hello Arab

Welcome to the hosting community! Hosting is a selfless act. There is no place for  conflict rather it is a place for common understanding, humanity,  joy and  mutual respect. Conflicts will occur only if you as a host  open the doors to them. Communication is the key . Always communicate with purpose with your guests . Do not assume. Your guests just like you a host are not mindreaders. Airbnb has put to your disposal as a host All tools and features to ensure that your guests are well informed of the standard of service you are offering. Too much communication is never enough communication. Be honest  and ethical at all time . It is fundamental through your behavior as a host that you maintain TRUST between hosts and guests while elevating the good reputation of our Aibnb community. Therefore, do not accept any booking outside Airbnb as it sends mixed signals to guests and can result to disastrous consequences. Do not  make promises to guests  just to get a booking. Treat your guests with respect and humanity just like you wish to be treated. Remember hosts are guests too .That means when you are hosting your guests, walk in their shoes. Good hosting = NO CONFLICT.

Best Regards

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Hey Arnab

I can see your post and i have some suggestion for you 

1. Provide detailed and accurate information: Ensure that your listing description and photos are clear, informative, and showcase the unique features of your property. Be transparent about the amenities, rules, and any potential limitations to set proper expectations for your guests.

2. Set competitive pricing: Research similar listings in your area to get an idea of the pricing trends. Consider factors such as location, amenities, and seasonality when determining your pricing strategy. Offering competitive rates can attract more potential guests.

3. Maintain good communication: Be responsive and proactive in communicating with your guests. Respond to inquiries, messages, and booking requests in a timely manner. Clear communication helps build trust and provides a positive experience for guests.

4. Ensure a clean and comfortable space: Prioritize cleanliness and ensure your property is well-maintained. Pay attention to details such as fresh linens, toiletries, and a welcoming atmosphere. Providing a comfortable stay will leave a lasting impression on your guests.

5. Be a helpful and accommodating host: Pay attention to your guests' needs and try to accommodate their requests when possible. Provide local recommendations, tips, and guides to help them make the most of their stay. Going the extra mile can result in positive reviews and repeat bookings.

6. Request guest reviews: Encourage your guests to leave reviews after their stay. Positive reviews can boost your listing's visibility and credibility, helping attract more potential guests.

7. Learn from other hosts: Engage with the hosting community by participating in host forums, attending meetups, or joining online groups. Learn from experienced hosts, share your experiences, and gather valuable insights to improve your hosting skills. **

Thanks and regards

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

Hey i hope my ans helps you thanks and regards. 

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hello Arab

Welcome to the hosting community! Hosting is a selfless act. There is no place for  conflict rather it is a place for common understanding, humanity,  joy and  mutual respect. Conflicts will occur only if you as a host  open the doors to them. Communication is the key . Always communicate with purpose with your guests . Do not assume. Your guests just like you a host are not mindreaders. Airbnb has put to your disposal as a host All tools and features to ensure that your guests are well informed of the standard of service you are offering. Too much communication is never enough communication. Be honest  and ethical at all time . It is fundamental through your behavior as a host that you maintain TRUST between hosts and guests while elevating the good reputation of our Aibnb community. Therefore, do not accept any booking outside Airbnb as it sends mixed signals to guests and can result to disastrous consequences. Do not  make promises to guests  just to get a booking. Treat your guests with respect and humanity just like you wish to be treated. Remember hosts are guests too .That means when you are hosting your guests, walk in their shoes. Good hosting = NO CONFLICT.

Best Regards