New search feature "Weekend" on "I'm flexible" option cuts out all minimum 3 night stay properties even if available.

Agnieszka92
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

New search feature "Weekend" on "I'm flexible" option cuts out all minimum 3 night stay properties even if available.

Can someone advise how to get around this new "Weekend" "I'm flexible feature? This only shows properties with 2 night stays for weekends. We are minimum 3 nights and have had no bookings or enquiries, since this became available. Even though our property is available for weekends (as an example in the selected month) it will not come up as an option.

We now have several months of no bookings, while all other properties are booked for weekend, including 3 + nights.

Guests often will look for a 3 night weekend in our area (as it is of some distance from the city).

All properties come up with 2 nights and then guests can select 3 nights on those properties. But still our property is not shown unless the guest uses specific dates "select dates".

2 Replies 2
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Agnieszka92  this was rolled out in the Summer Release (not our summer of course!! *sigh* apparently the only definition of Summer is June, July, August) anyhoo.... 

yes many of us complained about this, but there was no response and no changes made. IMHO guests should be able to search without dates in mind, as sometimes you just want to see what's available first and then hone your exact travel dates. You sort of can do this, BUT you need to know how to do that, and any system where users have to spend time educating themselves in how a site works is not a good one. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

This introduction by Airbnb has changed a lot of previous expectations.

Why not go to 2-day minimum? It is either that or ??