New to Hosting - need advice to increase bookings

New to Hosting - need advice to increase bookings

I am new to Hosting with a condo on the beach, i am getting a lot of views but not many bookings. Looking for help from fellow hosts on how can i increase bookings, what changes can i make. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1219129740883339432?source_impression_id=p3_1725550240_P3jOd0YI4SkMewXv

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 11.30.49 AM.png

(Content modified by OCM)

11 Replies 11
Darrick9
Level 2
Frisco, TX

@Jasmeet-Kaur0 I took the time to check out your listing and some comparable ones in your area, and I completely understand the frustration of not getting the bookings you’re hoping for—I’ve been hosting for about six months now, and I've been there too!

It’s important to keep an eye on what your competitors are doing and see where you fit among them. I noticed there are quite a few similar listings that are more established, so make sure to take full advantage of Airbnb's new listing promotion. It really helps with visibility! You might also want to consider lowering your prices a bit further at the start, just to build up those initial bookings and get those all-important reviews. I can't even tell you how much I’ve spent on welcome baskets, but they do make a difference!

I know the business can feel unpredictable, and it’s easy to feel discouraged when you don’t see instant profits. But hang in there—there’s a lot of learning and adjusting involved, but every step is progress. You've got this!"

Hello @Jasmeet-Kaur0,

Here are a few suggestions:

- Use professional photography.
- Take wider shots to capture the entire space instead of close-ups.
- Include more photos showing the amenities.
- Update the bedding with a more modern cover.
- Make sure to display the second bed/sofa bed clearly.
- Revise the title to specify the location, e.g., "Beach Condo - Where?"

Best regards.

You need to get some professional Photos. Your decor needs to incorporate the theme of your location remember this is a vacation home it must be blended in with the destination. People create memories when on vacation and your home if decorated well will be a memory filled with appreciation and joy. You have a great location. Get a professional to help with your room decor.

I agree with the above feedback that Competition needs to be also monitored in terms of pricing. 

Thanks 

Nalini

Nadia511
Level 2
Everett, WA

@Jasmeet-Kaur0 It’s not a bad listing I would perhaps make the bedroom look a little more inviting perhaps better lighting when taking the photo. I would probably also reposition the living room photos so that when you look at the listing, it’s not the couch that’s the bigger picture but the living room from further angle. I would also take a better picture of the kitchen from larger angle

Of course, getting an actual photographer would be the best, but that usually takes quite a bit of money unless you find someone on Taskrabbit or something. Just wait for more reviews that should also really help.

Lowering price to rock bottom to get more initial guests. You mentioned that you have no AC if there is a possibility to at least get a portable one I think that would really help. Blessings! 

Noah180
Level 2
Santa Clarita, CA

Hi @Jasmeet-Kaur0  took a look are listing great pictures and great description. I would suggest using The AirDna website to get an overview of the going rate for similar listings in the area  and adjust your prices. I would even compare with two and three bedroom locations as well as hotels it could be a situation where there is more space for not that much more price. I would definitely list the space for lower than market price at the beginning to get reviews up and adjust later. I noticed on your profile it says you enjoy spending time with guest or give them space. This would imply it’s a shared living space, great transparency but I would also not expect people to book often as most people would perfer the host not to be there. I have a guest house at my location and also state that I may be present but it’s completely separate from the rented space. Please also consider that we are entering a down period overall as the summer is ending. Hope this was useful for you 

Hi Jasmeet,

Great location, I saved it so I can book with you the next time I go to San Diego to see my brother-in-love  My hubby and I will love it to be on the beach!  First, I think of a beach location as light and bright.  I would change some things like your rugs and throw pillows.  Your decor in the bedroom leaves little to the imagination.  Artwork is something you need in the bedroom.  Home Goods or your local furniture store will have some great pieces.  Again think light and bright.  Second, you need light when taking photos.  If you are going to take the photos yourself, turn on the flash feature on your phone.  make sure you drop down to no taller than 2 feet and then take your photos.  A professional photographer told me these things on how to take pro photos using my phone.  If you are not comfortable then hire a professional.  Check YouTube for pro tips from photographers for shooting homes.  Lastly, pricing make sure you purchase Airdna's info on pricing for your area.  As a co-host and a host, I always pull a report when I start a new location in an area.  Check your competition in the area on pricing.  Make sure you're using the discount of 20% off for new locations.  My host got 3 bookings immediately when we used the discount.  Hope these tips help.  

Pamela1362
Level 2
Warroad, MN

It looks wonderful and is priced more than fair, especially for the San Diego area. The one thing that would stop my husband and myself from renting is the queen bed.  We have to have a King bed.  I know it's a pricey upgrade, but my son & dil say the same thing.  It has to have a king bed.  

Pharren0
Level 2
United States

Someone already noted this but reiterating: 

1) consider lowering your rates. When reviewing similar listings in your area, you might need to adjust your rates to be more competitive especially because you are not established yet and want to build a base of renters to help build trust. Once you have that, then you can potentially adjust and increase your rates. Also consider the season. If you’re in the down season of travel, you’ll need to adjust for that too. 

2)  organize your photos and have different wide shot angles showing the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, main space, amenities, and surrounding area. I didn’t get a good sense of the space from the photos. 

3) if you provide extras like linens, towels, toiletries, etc. consider adding that to your listing. 

Overall, everything looks good! Hang in there. 

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jasmeet-Kaur0 😊

You’ve received amazing recommendations from Hosts: @Pharren0@Pamela1362@Noah180@Nadia511@Darrick9 and @Mohammad185 .

Do you have any follow-up questions for them? 😊

Just a tip: When replying to Hosts, you can use this method to tag them 👉 @ and their name, so they’ll notice your responses! 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Mitchell52
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

Hi,

Congratulations on joining our community!

Your listing is off to a great start, but there are a few areas that could be enhanced. I recommend adding a detailed neighborhood description and perhaps creating a guidebook for your guests. It would also be a good idea to include house rules for your protection.

Additionally, you might want to move the information from the "Other Things to Note" section to "Guest Access," and rephrase it with a more inviting, engaging tone.

Lastly, have you had a chance to review the rates in your area? You could consider setting your prices slightly higher while offering promotions to stay competitive.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Best regards,

Ania

www.airbnb.com/p/yourvacationawaits

Mrunali0
Level 1
Ambernath, India

Hello great you are on the right platform.make sure you have to upload new pictures, discount offer's, changing prices.

You need to explain what exactly near by.some time keep direct bookings. Explain near locations, restaurant,near by shopping center.