Notifications from Airbnb switched off

Answered!

Notifications from Airbnb switched off

Dec 2023

I was not receiving any notifications from airbnb on my phone and saw a lot of people had the same problem. It appears that the Airbnb App was to blame. 

To fix it, I went to the Airbnb app on my iPhone, clicked the Menu button in the bottom right, clicked Settings, then Notification Settings. Here it said All Notifications were off and asked if I wanted to switch them back on. I did so. Hopefully this has fixed it. Strangely, there is no button to switch it back on. The function simply disappeared. My guess is that there was an update and this was a makeshift solution by the developers.

1 Best Answer

Here is the screenshot from my iPhone yesterday (December 2023). Before I switched notifications back on, I couldn’t receive any correspondence from Airbnb at all. I suspect I turned notifications off a few years ago and the software was updated, because there doesn’t seem to be a Disable All Notifications button anymore. I couldn't find any way to do this on either the desktop or mobile versions of the website - this solution only seems to be available in the phone app.

IMG_9432.png

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Good catch @Paul10474 !

Yes, many were having an issue and the fix was deleting the App and reinstalling it (when reinstalling the App was updated I'm guessing). You found an easier wayand probably what the actual cause was! 😊

Here is the screenshot from my iPhone yesterday (December 2023). Before I switched notifications back on, I couldn’t receive any correspondence from Airbnb at all. I suspect I turned notifications off a few years ago and the software was updated, because there doesn’t seem to be a Disable All Notifications button anymore. I couldn't find any way to do this on either the desktop or mobile versions of the website - this solution only seems to be available in the phone app.

IMG_9432.png

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Hey community moderators!  @Paul10474 has a great solution, but only if you use the App, which I Do Not.  Do I have to have a smart phone and the app in order to make sure I get notifications?  I use a laptop and a desktop sans apps.