Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Only one booking - please help!

Roseline48
Level 1
Kiambu, Kenya

Only one booking - please help!

Hey I have a Airbnb along kiambu road but I have only gotten one booking kindly people with experience I will appreciate with your help

**[Content edited by OCM]

4 Replies 4
Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

Hi @Roseline48 Here are a few things I would suggest after reviewing your listing and those in your general area

-I would expand on your listing descriptions. Your listing is your initial place to shine and present the best attributes of your property and surrounding area/attractions. 

1. As someone not from your area I have no idea what "green zone" is or where that is. You could expand on that saying something along the lines of "Cozy well appointed apartment in XXXX. The HideoutBnb is ideal for couples or solo travelers and is located near town offering a wide variety of dining options, shopping, etc for guest to enjoy. A convenient XXX KM from the airport and local transportation."
  2. I would add more information about the actual space guest will be staying in and the amenities. For example, "The hideout offers a cozy and safe environment in the heart of Kiambu. The space includes a well-appointed kitchen, full bathroom, comfortable bedroom with Quenn sized bed and a living area with access to XXX (highlight what you offer such as cable, Netflix etc.)  During your stay you will also be able to enjoy the community pool and playground."  Lasty, I would suggest adding brief descriptions to each photo. Guest often view photos before the read any descriptions, if they even do read the descriptions. For example, on the bedroom photo you could say "comfortable queen bed with pillow top mattress." or on the kitchen photo "nicely stocked kitchen for you to cook meals." 

-Based on a search of your area, it seems you are already competitively priced; however, a lot of hosts starting out offer promotions so they can get a few stays/reviews under their belt. Once your property is a little more established it will likely draw more potential guests and appear higher in searches

Good luck and happy hosting. 

@Jennifer1897 Thanks so much let me do it immediately 

The day I went live, I did not know and was already booked. I think a lot is the location and competition in your area. My first guest was a nightmare, second was awesome. Next one booked an entire month. I am booked till next month already. It comes flowing in fast. You could invite an experienced Airbnb host to come check out the place and give you a review. Make sure it is CLEAN as possible because the expectation is high. Trust me, once you get that first booking, the guests will be flowing in. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Renee758, I am tagging @Roseline48 here so they receive a notification of your message. This way, we increase the chances of them getting back to us.

Quick tip: To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad