Level 2
Saratoga Springs, NY

Optimization

5 Replies 5
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Sarah3960, I think your listings look lovely. I hope you don't mind, but I edited your post to add the links to your three properties. 

Some Hosts should be along shortly to give you their expert opinions! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Paige302
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Hi @Sarah3960 !  Your reviews are great, and all three listings look really clean.  I have a few practical suggestions, and some just-for-fun-add-some-soul suggestions:

- Whenever possible, have a nightstand and good reading lights on both sides of beds, chairs (one table per chair is great) and sofas.  This gives guests somewhere to set their water, tea, book, glasses, etc.

- Create spaces within a space with rugs and lighting.

- Create movement in your photos by turning on hot tub lights and jets, take pictures of your fire pit with a fire going (Those palates!! Make a bonfire in early morning or late afternoon to get the twilight effect in your photos).  It's more inviting, and I think it's easier for guests to imagine themselves enjoying the feature when it is active.  

- Arrange fire pit chairs:  if you have multiple styles of chair, consider setting them up in a circle, with pairs set up opposite each other.  

- Add props to warm up the photos, such as a tray with tea, a vase of flowers, S'mores roasting forks in a basket near the fire pit, throws on furniture and beds.  

- Specifically for the Bird's Nest banquette and sofa:  add a couple of throw pillows to each.  For the table, create a scene.  One idea:  set up a puzzle-in-progress.  Cavallini & Co. makes beautiful puzzles that come in a cannister.  Putting the cannister and puzzle pieces on the table adds color and a variety of heights to the table top.  Here is an example of one of their puzzles:  https://www.artofplay.com/products/vintage-audubon-birds-jigsaw-puzzle?variant=41275984674968&curren...

- Since these three listings are all in one home, you have the opportunity to give each one a different flavor/theme.  It doesn't have to be over the top--maybe go a bit more bohemian in the listing with all those beautiful plants by adding some texture (macrame hanging, fuzzy pillow) and warmth (throws, candles).  The gaming area could have a neon sign, maybe a message board with extra tiles for guests to arrange.

You already have wonderful ratings, so these suggestions are just icing on the cake.  Good luck!

amazing!

Hi @Sarah3960 

Luv your spaces! Fantastic suggestions from @Paige302 !

Just curious...do you have a "parent" listing that includes the entire home (both upstairs/downstairs and apartment) for large groups? That might be profitable in the busy season for larger groups. Just link the calendars so if the "parent" entire house is booked, the other listings would be blocked on the calendar to prevent double booking.

Title

I would change your title to highight (upstairs unit) your top amenities. You currently have:

The Yay Frame-Arcade Hot Tub Sauna Foosball Pet TV

I would change to list the most unique amenities first. I would remove "Yay Frame" and just refer to Ya Frame in description, as that is not really an amenity that guests are looking for in a title when searching. Something like:

Hot Tub & Sauna! Game Room | Pets | Huge Deck

Cover Photo

Research shows that twilight, exterior photos, or any photo with water (hot tub, lake, river, ocean, pool) do very well. I would change your cover photo to a twilight, exterior photo with all lights inside/outside on and make that your cover photo. Maybe even a twilight photo of the entire deck with all the lights on and with the hot tub cover off and hot tub running. A drone shot would be able to capture that, but not sure you are able to do that? Otherwise, just reshoot your whole exterior photo at twilight with all the lights on.

Sauna Photo - Enhance 

I would make your Sauna photo more "cozy" looking. It's a fantastic amenity, but looks a bit "bare". I would reshoot with some rolled towels on bench, put hooks on wall with some fluffy robes and add some flip flops to the floor.

Sauna.png

wow thank you all so much this is very helpful.

could you elaborate more on the parent listing? I don't have one and never considered it i think it would be perfect