Option for Host to Pay All Fees

Answered!
Jonathan6
Level 10
Mamaroneck, NY

Option for Host to Pay All Fees

There was an option for Host to pay all guest service fees, but the option appears to be gone from the pricing menu.  Is this no longer an option or is it hidden deep somewhere now?

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jonathan6 , 

You will need to click on the ''manage'' :

Bhumika_1-1685728499515.png

and then go to this page to enable and activate the hosting tools : 

Bhumika_2-1685728611564.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Jonathan6  It’s under the Account/Payments and Payouts/Service Fee tab.

@Jonathan6 As @Pat271 says it is an account level option not a listing level option so many people have trouble finding it.

Can you find it?  If you look at my responses in the thread the "Service Fee" tab does not appear in the "Payments & Payouts" section.  It is nowhere to be found.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jonathan6 ,

Would you be able to share some information about your device model and the app version you are using through the DM? 

With this information, I will be able to reach out to the technical team to seek further advice regarding the option's accessibility.

-----

It is on all platforms.  Tested in Windows MS Edge, Chrome (both up to date) and Android version of App Version 23.21.1.  Does not seem platform dependent.  Can you confirm that other posted information was correct and the setting belongs under "Account/Payments & Payouts"?

Windows: 

Jonathan6_0-1685718105125.png

Android:

Jonathan6_1-1685718278984.png

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jonathan6, Thanks for your prompt response and for sharing further screenshots. 

Our members @Pat271 and @Mike-And-Jane0 are correct about seeing the options and where it is located.

Can you confirm if you have enabled Professional hosting tools in your Account Settings?

If not, you may not be able to access the ''Host to pay all fees'  option and need to activate the professional tools.

By activating it, you will get an option for the 2 Service Fees structure under the Payments and Payouts Menu, as a tab (like donations, for example).

Do let us know if it works for you. I hope it helps! 

-----

Yes it is enabled, been that way since the option to add attachments was added several years ago:

Jonathan6_0-1685727535188.png

@Jonathan6 One other thought. Have you tried clearing your cache and deleting browsing history? I have no idea what the first part means but it does seem to solve things occasionally.

Yes, but that it is on multiple platforms, negates any situation where it's browser specific let alone that it also happens in the APP (see previous posts with screen shots).

This problem is being reported by dozens of people on Facebook, they have found all of the sudden that their policy has changed and they are paying the fee for the guest and they can't find the setting to change it.  Repeated calls to ABB support has yielded nothing more than what you suggested.  This seems to have coincided with the early look at the enhancements.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jonathan6 , 

You will need to click on the ''manage'' :

Bhumika_1-1685728499515.png

and then go to this page to enable and activate the hosting tools : 

Bhumika_2-1685728611564.png

-----

That seemed to work.  As I suspected there was a global setting for this and it was berried somewhere.  Why this is hidden under "Company" with not indication that this is where you set your fee structure with your guest is a little beyond me.  Also, very confused why this is an account wide setup as you may want to be location specific with your offering.  Markets vary tremendously.

Thanks for staying with this.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you for updating us that it helped!

Keep in touch @Jonathan6 !

-----

@Bhumika 

If I had been the original poster:

”Wow, Bhumika, that worked! I should have explored that options page more thoroughly. Thanks sooo much; you solved my problem!”

That’s what you deserve to hear, at the very least. You can now mark your own post as the Best Answer. Thanks, Bhumika.🤗

What is the screen after this supposed to do, I have done all of this and see no professional tools to use, it says that im currently using professional tools, but I can't access them.