Page visibility

Page visibility

How does one improve on which page one's listing appears on the website. Mine was listed just over a month ago and after the initial week or so it dropped to Pg5

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jenny1687 One simple word - Bookings. Success breed success which is, sadly, a catch 22 situation. You may need to drop your price slightly to kickstart your bookings.

Things Airbnb say make. difference is switching Instant Book on and having a less strict cancellation policy. Basically if you do what you are told you will get a reward......

It is also alleged that changing minor things in your listing description or pictures might help but the search engine parameters are a well kept secret.

@Jenny1687  In my experience there is no one thing that you can do to improve / maintain your listing position. I sometimes go for a while without any bookings, then without doing anything different a number of bookings all come at once. I suspect at that point a listing has reached a high profile visibility position in the search engine. Then it stops for a while again.

So while good practice and performance are undoubtedly important in the search algorithm I believe that there is also an element of regular randomisation in place, presumably to give everybody a fair chance of attracting bookings.

Thanks guys!  I am in real estate and the same thing happens on our websites where listings initially start off well placed and then drop down the pages the longer they have been on.  I will need to find other ways to market to drive traffic to the Air BnB listing.

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Jenny1687 ...I just went in and shuffled my photos, that does seem to work.  I have always been the first spot.  Then came June 2022, everything went to you know where.  I was pretty well booked thru Sept.  Just happened to see a post, something like...From stupid to ridiculous, so I checked that out, it was all about the '22 summer release.  Since I was booked I didn't realize bookings where down, I went back to June and counted only the bookings after June, 20, the entire rest of the yr that was all, I'm still not getting booked like the last 6 yrs..  I'm sure as others pointed out, the categories are a killer.  I'm sitting square in the center of Mother Nature, and Nature Lovers still is not a category last I looked, I saw a ton of new ones, nothing other than country.  I'm lucky I'm just 5 mins from the 2 main tourist attractions, I did a search once just for the attractions, they had listings 2 hrs away before mine, pretty ridiculous, if I do say so.     

In modern web browsers, the Page Visibility API can be used to determine the visibility state of a page. This API provides a way for web developers to detect when a user switches away from a tab or minimizes the browser window, allowing them to pause resource-intensive tasks or adjust their site behavior accordingly.

is that recomendation useful for Page visibility API..

I'd love to know that too. My studio is under renovations until may, but I have already put my listing online, as it's a vacation place and the earlier you have it online, the higher the chances of being booked. The destination has some last minute bookings but not sure if enough to risk opening my listing only in June when I have official pictures and the renovations are done.

I got 3 bookings so far. I do minor changes on pictures and description weekly, but not sure if in my situation there's anything else that I could do for now.

@Jenny1687 Improving your website's search engine ranking and moving your listing to a higher page can take time and effort, but there are several strategies you can use to improve your ranking:

1. Optimize your website's content: Make sure your website's content is high-quality, relevant, and includes the keywords you want to rank for. Use keyword research tools to find relevant keywords to use on your website.

2. Improve your website's user experience: Make sure your website is easy to navigate and has a fast loading speed. Ensure your website is mobile-friendly, as more and more people are using their mobile devices to search the internet.

3. Build high-quality backlinks: Backlinks are links from other websites that point to your website. High-quality backlinks can improve your website's authority and help improve your ranking. You can build backlinks by creating high-quality content, reaching out to other websites in your niche, and participating in online communities.

4. Use social media: Social media platforms can help you promote your website and build your brand. Share your content on social media, engage with your audience, and encourage them to share your content with their networks.

5. Consider paid search advertising: Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising can help you reach new audiences and improve your website's visibility in search results.