Party

Answered!

Party

Hello everyone, I'm new to airbnb, we have a guet staying who has brouught a lot of stuff for having a party. In our airbnb house rule is not allowed to have a party. I live in the basement and also we have ring doorbell so we now everything.
Can anyone, please give me some advice please?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Richard2751 If you are certain the rules are to be broken and a party will ensue then you should

a) message the guest asking if they are planning a party

b) remind the guest that parties are not allowed and that the reservation will be canceled if one starts

c) contact Airbnb and warn them that a party is likely

d) ask Airbnb to cancel the reservation if the guest seems to be carrying on with their party plans

e) evict the guest (that's the difficult bit)

f) accept you will have to partially refund the guest 

g) accept that you will get a bad review BUT Airbnb should delete it based on there policies 

Just one thought - Could the guest be taking the party gear elsewhere??????

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Richard2751 If you are certain the rules are to be broken and a party will ensue then you should

a) message the guest asking if they are planning a party

b) remind the guest that parties are not allowed and that the reservation will be canceled if one starts

c) contact Airbnb and warn them that a party is likely

d) ask Airbnb to cancel the reservation if the guest seems to be carrying on with their party plans

e) evict the guest (that's the difficult bit)

f) accept you will have to partially refund the guest 

g) accept that you will get a bad review BUT Airbnb should delete it based on there policies 

Just one thought - Could the guest be taking the party gear elsewhere??????

Thank you for your good advice. We have messages the guest asked  them if they intend to have a party today but they have not reply  yet. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Richard2751 ,

Did you get any response from the guest? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Never forget, whatever they say is 'window dressing', what they do and you see with your own eyes is reality. If they have ill intent, be prepare for battle.

Phillip352
Level 2
Bradenton, FL

1st can I ask if you have made them sign a waiver saying they have read house rules and will abide by them, along with check in and out time quite time in your household. 
2nd Have you asked them personally what there intentions are for the party supplies if that is what they really are .

3. If they do have a party in your home with out your consent, you should feel afraid for your wellbeing and let Airbnb support know you are if fear and do not feel safe. 

do not shout off power or turn of water but your next step is to email them a copy of rules if the house , and when your quite time is to begin call the police.