Patiently waiting

Ronald765
Level 1
Cumberland City, TN

Patiently waiting

What is the normal wait time after listing? I know it varies but just wanting a ball park figure. It’s been a week and really looking forward to getting this Airbnb started. Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Ronald765 

I assure you that your listing is appearing in the search results.  When you search as a guest, what location are you searching for?  When I search for Cumberland City for the dates November 4-11th for 5 guests, your listing certainly shows up out of the 186 places available for those nights.  Here were my search results.

https://www.airbnb.ca/s/Cumberland-City--Tennessee--United-States/homes?tab_id=home_tab&refinement_p...

Airbnb-Cumberland-City-–-Vacation-Rentals-Places-to-Stay-Tennessee-10-10-2024_11_35_AM.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks for replying Dave-and-Deb0. I know it’s appearing but my question was how long is a normal time to get inquiries before I should consider lowering my price?

Thank you for the clarification @Ronald765 

Generally with your listing being a new listing, you get a boost in the search results for about the first 30 days.  I do know that in many locations this time of year can be slow but I do not know your area and cannot recommend pricing.  I would consider reviewing your pricing and lowering it a bit until you find that you are getting bookings.  

I did take a look at the pricing for 5 guests and you might be on the higher end of listings that you are competing against as there are several Superhosts and Guest Favorite listings at much lower rates.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

Would you recommend more beds being that there is 2200 sq ft. Was wanting the master bed to be its own but could put some coach beds in the living room. Thanks for the quick responses.