Kevin3113
Level 1
Austin, TX

Please critique my listing

18 Replies 18
Liza3667
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Your home is lovely. Here are my suggestions from a middle aged Brit. The title is very vague. Say bedroon, not BDR. Seven miles from "downtown" is too far. And what does downtown mean? Europeans don't use this term. Say the neighbourhood in the title. Franklin Park looks nice. What public transport is there in to town?

Put the rail under the TV for symmetry.  Delete clothes storage, iron, hanger etc. Put less in the list so guests feel they get more for their money so give high reviews.

I love dogs and they are welcome in my home. For Brits though, Pit Bulls or "types" are illegal as they are considered dangerous dogs. Can the dog be kept out of the way of guests?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

It's lovely to see you joining in conversations on the Community Center!

I'm tagging @Kevin3113  here so they receive a notification of your message. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

Quick tip: if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jana1479
Level 2
Kill Devil Hills, NC

I just love your modern style. Your listing is awsome! Jana

Hi Kevin, 

First, I would like to say that I read and loved every single one of your reviews! You are doing such an amazing job, and the fact that you are looking to improve upon that is the absolute definition of hospitality! 

I agree with each of the suggestions provided by the other hosts - in particular, taking a photo of the living room with the black drapes open. 

My son is a real estate photographer specializing in vacation rentals In Acadia National Park, where there isn’t a bad view on the island.

He spends hours photographing each room with windows open, then editing out the glare to show exactly what the view would look like if you were standing in the middle of the room. I think this would greatly enhance the living room in your STR.

The only other suggestion I have is to put a nightstand on each side of the beds. I noticed there is already one and, if a couple stays, there would be another stand with a lamp for reading, space to charge cell phones and if needed, hold medication.

Our bedrooms have lamps with standard plugs and USB ports to charge cell phones, which our guests love. It also keeps their chargers visible, so they are always packed on checkout day (and we never have to mail any back). 

Congratulations on your beautiful listings (I have the same Lush Decor quilt in my STR!) and best wishes for continued success! 

Mary Ann