Potential listing

Answered!
Aixa21
Level 1
LA, CA

Potential listing

I am interested in renting a room specifically for traveling nurses. What are the steps I would need to take to ensure I only rent to nurses? Also can an owner require a background check and set the length and terms of their lease on a case by case basis?

1 Best Answer

Hi Helen3,

I completely agree with you.

Please keep in mind though there are third agencies out there that are exclusive to travel nurses and they do do an excellent job. Most of those RN's work as much as possible.  I know as I was one of those nurses and there are many travel nursing agencies out there. Google or better yet call you local hospital, ask for the staffing department and then ask them what is their preferred provider for contract nurses and call them directly. One good agency is tarvelnursehousing.com (they would give you a 3rd party app Keycheck to do a background check.

The reason I stayed with AirBnB is that the local hospital in town does not use a lot of travelers and they are far priced below what one can charge through AirBnB, more as if a tenant was living there.

I do suggest looking into it if interested. My biggest turn down was that I had a deal with guests directly, background check and all and it was too cumbersome for me. Sometimes some medical staffing companies do all for you as well. Research a little.

AirBnB is not set up in ways you are looking for though it is doable and highly rated way of running a STR as well.

Good luck!

Bettye6

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you only want to rent to travelling nurses I'd suggest you approach agencies set up for their accommodation needs @Aixa21 

With Airbnb you need to consider requests from anyone over 18 (as a homeshare host you could exclude men). And you're unlikely to get enough bookings if you restrict to this niche group .

Hi Helen3,

I completely agree with you.

Please keep in mind though there are third agencies out there that are exclusive to travel nurses and they do do an excellent job. Most of those RN's work as much as possible.  I know as I was one of those nurses and there are many travel nursing agencies out there. Google or better yet call you local hospital, ask for the staffing department and then ask them what is their preferred provider for contract nurses and call them directly. One good agency is tarvelnursehousing.com (they would give you a 3rd party app Keycheck to do a background check.

The reason I stayed with AirBnB is that the local hospital in town does not use a lot of travelers and they are far priced below what one can charge through AirBnB, more as if a tenant was living there.

I do suggest looking into it if interested. My biggest turn down was that I had a deal with guests directly, background check and all and it was too cumbersome for me. Sometimes some medical staffing companies do all for you as well. Research a little.

AirBnB is not set up in ways you are looking for though it is doable and highly rated way of running a STR as well.

Good luck!

Bettye6

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Aixa21

Did any of the answers below help you or support you with making a decision? If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

If you need any help, just shout. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines